welcome letter?

aonflux

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
When did you all receive your welcome letters? Its been over 2 weeks since my DOE and no welcome letter as yet? What is the average time for the welcome letter? Thanks!

aonflux said:
Hi guys,
When did you all receive your welcome letters? Its been over 2 weeks since my DOE and no welcome letter as yet? What is the average time for the welcome letter? Thanks!

I am getting welcome letters (more than 1) after about 3 weeks.

aonflux said:
Hi guys,

POE: Boston
DOE: March 30, 2005
Service Center: TSC
Received 1st Welcome Letter: April 23, 2005
Received 2nd Welcome Letter: April 25, 2005
Received GC (without SSN even when SSN selected): April 26,2005

3 weeks and nothing!!!

I've been back since 3 weeks and I haven't received my welcome letter or GC or social security card. Anyone else with a similar experience? Thanks!

aonflux said:
I've been back since 3 weeks and I haven't received my welcome letter or GC or social security card. Anyone else with a similar experience? Thanks!

Are you going to get a new social security card? did you have an old card??

I have a social security number already but wanted a new card (same number) without the restriction on it.

aonflux said:
I have a social security number already but wanted a new card (same number) without the restriction on it.

In some areas it is taking more than 5 weeks for the new card with the SS card. I have heard of one case in which it took 4 months to get a new card. If one needs a new SS number,the local SS office can be contacted with Passport with IV. (they may entertain such a request only after 3-4 week from DOE).

In my case, I entered about 4 weeks back at DFW and got 4 welcome letters. But my wife who enterd with me got none. She feels I am more welcomed to US than she is...

vu2vut said:
In some areas it is taking more than 5 weeks for the new card with the SS card. I have heard of one case in which it took 4 months to get a new card. If one needs a new SS number,the local SS office can be contacted with Passport with IV. (they may entertain such a request only after 3-4 week from DOE).

In my case, I entered about 4 weeks back at DFW and got 4 welcome letters. But my wife who enterd with me got none. She feels I am more welcomed to US than she is...

And did you receive your plastic card? Thanks. Yes I don't feel at all welcome.. ahhaha.

aonflux said:
And did you receive your plastic card? Thanks. Yes I don't feel at all welcome.. ahhaha.

Nope. But, the endoresed VISA is as valid as card for another 11 months, so I will contact Service center after about 5-6 months if I dont recieve the plastic card by then.

vu2vut said:
Nope. But, the endoresed VISA is as valid as card for another 11 months, so I will contact Service center after about 5-6 months if I dont recieve the plastic card by then.

Thanks! I heard that on the welcome letter is a LIN, EAC, SRC or EAC number which you can use to track your plastic card. Atleast you have that.

Got a notice with an SRc number

And when I look up that number on USCIS.gov the message says

Application Type:*OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Your OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was received on April 20, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What does this mean?

aonflux said:
And when I look up that number on USCIS.gov the message says

Application Type:*OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Your OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was received on April 20, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What does this mean?

That notice should be the 'Welcome Letter'.. Does it state..'Welcome to Unites States....'?

The Card should be on its way soon.

BTW, I received the Card today; 32 days after DOE.

1] I -140 approval date:- Nov 05,2004

2] Pk-3 reached NVC:- Jan 20, 2005

3]NVC review Pk3:- Jan 28.2005

4] NVC forward Pk3 to consulate:- Feb 01, 2005

5] Interview: April 01, 2005

6] POE: April 22, 2005

7] Plastic Card Received: May 08, 2005

I Received 3 Welcome Letters ..have Not Got My Green Card

Ist Letter 11/09/05
2nd Letter 12/30/05
3rd Letter 04/07/06

I Have Not Got My Gc. I Changed My Address And They Re Duly Informed.....i Got My Last Letter From My New Address.........what Should I Do?

i-824 am i qualified for it?

I came to US thru DV lootery which ended September 2005. Due to reasons beyond my control , my Wife did not go for the interview with me. Am I qualifed to file for i-824 to expedite my wife joining me in US., cos filing I-130 will take years. I was recently married . I move to US 29th October 2005, when my marriage is 4mths old.

Same problem

Hello,

I have same problem.

bcis.gov says:

"Your OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was received on February 20, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

More than 3 years past but nothing received. I try to check processing dates with bcis web site, but it is useless. Also I entered receipt number, I can not find anything. Who can help me on this. My receipt number starts with SRC.

Thanks.