Weird online status

peaceinheart

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all,
Something weird is happening to my online status about my second FP. I made my second FP on July 29 and after one week, on August 8, I checked my online status finding the status was updated to "On August 5, your second FP was received and ur process has been resumed....". After a couple of days, when I checked again my online status, to my surprise, it changed to "on August 6,....". August 6 is Saturday, my gosh, they are working on Sat. :rolleyes: Today, when I checked my status again, my eyeballs almost dropped to the floor, the online status was changed to "on August 7, we received ur second FP...". They even worked on Sunday... :eek:
Has anybody here ever got such experience? Is this a problem of the computer system or is somebody touching my documents and updating the status? I hope it would be the latter case. ;)
I got my second FP notice on July 23 and I did my FP earlier than the scheduled date. The scheduled date is early Sept.
Hope I can hear some similar stories about this and the answers to them.

my info.
RD: Dec. 29, 2002
ND: Dec. 30, 2002
First FP, Feb. 4, 2003
Second FP, Aug. 5 2004

peaceinheart said:
Hi, all,
Something weird is happening to my online status about my second FP. I made my second FP on July 29 and after one week, on August 8, I checked my online status finding the status was updated to "On August 5, your second FP was received and ur process has been resumed....". After a couple of days, when I checked again my online status, to my surprise, it changed to "on August 6,....". August 6 is Saturday, my gosh, they are working on Sat. :rolleyes: Today, when I checked my status again, my eyeballs almost dropped to the floor, the online status was changed to "on August 7, we received ur second FP...". They even worked on Sunday... :eek:
Has anybody here ever got such experience? Is this a problem of the computer system or is somebody touching my documents and updating the status? I hope it would be the latter case. ;)
I got my second FP notice on July 23 and I did my FP earlier than the scheduled date. The scheduled date is early Sept.
Hope I can hear some similar stories about this and the answers to them.

my info.
RD: Dec. 29, 2002
ND: Dec. 30, 2002
First FP, Feb. 4, 2003
Second FP, Aug. 5 2004
Hmmm ... does the online message specifically say "second FP" as you mentioned ?

I always kinda assumed that the online msg would not distinguish between first and second FPs ???

Max2k,

It doesn't!

peaceinheart,

It is not a manual process, more of a batch job that runs when the server load is down. I wouldn't worry about the case getting touched on a weekend or weekday. The way INS works every day is the weekend.

peaceinheart
Saw similar message for wife. This morning it showed Aug 6. Now it shows Aug 7. Surprisingly my case still shows Mar '03, even though we did 2nd FP on same day (Jul 30, '04).

Anil

Same for me.

I did my second FP on July 29 and I saw exactly same messages. On Friday Aug. 6 I saw a message "On August 5, 2004, the results of your fingerprint..."
Today morning I saw a message with date Aug. 6 and just few hours back I saw message with date Aug. 7.

Anil Sudhakaran said:
peaceinheart
Saw similar message for wife. This morning it showed Aug 6. Now it shows Aug 7. Surprisingly my case still shows Mar '03, even though we did 2nd FP on same day (Jul 30, '04).

Anil

Also seen some weird case status changes

I have seen my share of weird case status changes:

WAC022795XXXX, EB3
2nd FP completed early: 7/29
Touch dates: 7/30, 8/3, 8/5, 8/6, 8/9

8/3 -- Aug 2, we responded to your inquiry...
8/5 -- Aug 5, 2nd FP received
8/6 -- Aug 6, the document we made based on the approval or registration...
8/9 -- Aug 7, 2nd FP received

Some followups about the "weird online status"

Today I called immigration customer service twice. Each time it took me about half hour to get somebody to answer my call. The first lady was very nice and she said it could be the problem of the computer system and she would tell somebody who is in charge. She also tried to transfer me to an immigration officer. When I felt very excited and recited again and again some key words which I should speak to an immigration officer for the first time, I was told this number was a wrong number and I should hang up and try again, faint... :eek: The second time, the lady was also very nice and she also thought that was a computer problem. She told me it actually didn't matter, as long as the notice showed that my fingerprint result was received.
140_take_4ever is right, there is no such word, "second", in the online status notice. just "On August 7, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application....were received, and processing has resumed on your case". BTW, the first time I checked my online status was on August 5, not August 7.
It looks like I'm not the only one who saw this weird online status change. Still hope this at least will not hurt our cases. Good lucks to us all.