Weird Name Check Issue

mvermani

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my 485 in Apr 2006 (EB-2, INDIA). My dates have been current since Apr 2006. Through Info pass in Dec’ 2006 I came to know that my name check was cleared in Aug 2006. I called up NSC in Feb 2007 and spoke to a helpful lady. At that time she also confirmed that my name check was cleared and I should hear about my case sometime soon. She did file service request for me. In Feb 2007 NSC issued a RFE for my Birth Certificate. They received the response for my REF in Mar 2007. After that there is no progress in my case.

Since May 9th (60 days after receiving the RFE) I have called NSC twice and both of the time I got the response that my Case is on HOLD because of background checks. Now I don’t know what I should do as I did confirm through info pass (Dec 2006) that my Name Check was cleared in Aug 2006.

Can this be possible that NSC has sent my name for back ground checks again? What should I do now? Please advice!! I tried to file service request again but the customer service agent told me that there are too many service requests from my and system is not allowing them to add new at this point of time.