Weird Msg on my I-140 after change of employer.

This is a reputed desi lawyer Iam talking about. I paid $300 for 20 min consultation. If this is true then it is really annoying on the USCIS part. If thru AC21 the I-140 is kept valid then how come USCIS approve another I-140 whos labor was earlier used by somebody else though revoked and later reopened thru AC21. Doesn't make sense!

rp1740,
I think I read it on murthy.com about this once. But I thought that was talking about the risks of using a sub labor obtained after revoking a I140.

I still think that the guy who uses the I140 revoked labor is at a greater risk than you.

I would say don't worry about the other person using the revoked labor but fight for your case as per the law through the same leading lawyer.

Thanks Indian. I will fight for my case and most likely will get it sorted out. However I'am annoyed about how these employers misuse the law to their advantage.

AC21 memo is clear and main thing USCIS didn't see at AC21 MEMO. In AC21 it is clearly stated that even after employer withdraw I-140 and new employment details submitted under AC21 is valid but after that also USCIS does these kind of errors and not exactly errors in real. For this AILA (immigration lawyers association) can ask USCIS and clear this matter asap but they will not do bcos then they will not get money from clients. its whole money issue linked together USCIS and AILA with money only. I have seen many cases where AC21 filed long back and still USCIS sending NOID, Denial and this thing is going on from last 3 years but AILA is not asking USCIS why these kind of things happened after AC21 memo released its 4 year now but its finally money only. I have following portal from last 2 years and know lot of these things happened and still happening why money is linked.

I would suggest, dont be panic, get a good lawyer and do whatever paperwork you can do and then rest is in hands of GOD.

Goodluck to all stucked in GC Process

dice12
AC21 filed
(waiting for I-485 lots of LUD on I-140 and I-485 in last 2 years but nothing happened)

My lawyer received the NOID. I have replied to it. Just waiting on it. Does anyone know how long with it take for USCIS to act on it?

It will take a few days to update your case online.

RP,
It will take a few days for the case to be updated after they receive your NOID response.
I also went thru this last year,and I did file my NOID response,and they reopened my case(online case status updated in about 8 days),but then the whole retro thing had be sitting for a year now,and last month I had a RFE on my case(G-325A AND employment history and location history).
I replied yesterday with all the documents and today it got updated that they received my RFE response.

My advice to you is DO NOT WORRY,they will reopen ypour case like mine.

Good luck,
ABHI
PD:NOV'2001

Thanks Abhi.

Just out of curiosity, what was the changed message on your I-485 after you filed response to you NOID? Do you get some kind of letter from USCIS or any other kind of indication stating the case is again pending? Also, did any message or LUD change on your I-140 after filing NOID? Please let me know.

The message on NOID change

RP,
I do not remember it exactly,but the msg said that "the case had been reopend after the evidence submitted,etc,etc and it will take so and so days to complete the processing,etc".
Nope I did not get any letter,but I think my attorney got a letter.I just printed that material from the online case status website.
Nothing changed on that I-140(which was revoked).But anyways its NO LONGER RELATED TO YOUR CASE(SINCE ITS BEEN REVOKED).

Hope this helps,

Abhi

To my knowledge, even after the I-140 was revoked, it's validity is a must at the time of I-485 adjudication. Remember that I-485 is just transfer of status from non-immigrant to immigrant status. One is getting an immigrant status based on his approved immigrant petition i.e. I-140.

Even part of the text from my NOID letter received from USICIS read "In order for the validity of the revoked immigrant visa petition (Form I-140) to be preserved for adjustment of status based upon a new offer of employment pursuant to section 106(c) of the AC21 Act, you must submit the following:"

This can be very dangerous, because the Lawyer is my companies Lawyer and if they don’t give me the correct info on the right time than i will be in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you hire a new attorney and file G28 with USCIS to notify them about change in representation?

JustGC007 said:
This can be very dangerous, because the Lawyer is my companies Lawyer and if they don’t give me the correct info on the right time than i will be in trouble.

Not can be! It is dangerous. Unless ofcourse you are very positive that your I-485 would be approved without any RFE or any complications.
What is stopping you from changing your attorney? That should be first thing to do when changing employer and if current lawyer is more inclined towards your employer. Meanwhile, keep a chose watch on your I-140 and I485 status or LUD changes.