Weird msg after stamping .. Anybody else in the same boat?

gotStamped

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got stamped on Jun 2, basically almost 2 mths ago. We used the courtesy copy and went to INS office and everything was fine. My original notice reached the lawyer, but my husband's original notice hadn't gotten there.
A couple of weeks after stamping, my husband's online case status says

"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on June 11, 2004. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I dont know what it's talking about , presume it's the original notice to the lawyer.

My husband called INS a couple of days ago and they took down our phone number and address and said they would re-mail it (God knows what).
Now it's been nearly 2 mths and the msg never changed. People are getting their cards within 5 weeks these days, so I was getting worried about the msg. We got stamped at Newark.

Thanks for any help in advance.

To get duplicate copy from INS after calling customer service, need to wait for 1 month. But this is not guaranteed. I called them to get duplicate copy of RFE 2 weeks ago and still waiting..

We already got our PPs stamped

Thanks.
But my point is, do we really need that notice? If it comes, what do we do with it? Both of us got our stamping done on Jun 2. Does INS expect us to go again?
Confusing.

Thanks again for your help.

My Opinion

As your's as well as your husband passports are stamped, you don't need to worry about original approval letter.

whats the confusion

gotStamped said:
Thanks.
But my point is, do we really need that notice? If it comes, what do we do with it? Both of us got our stamping done on Jun 2. Does INS expect us to go again?
Confusing.

Thanks again for your help.

Whats the confusion? For some reason your husband's original letter was returned to them.(Note that he post office does forward letters for DHS). The case status reflects that. You have got the PP stamped. Why worry? If you get the original letter now... just file it. No need to do anything.

As far as the plastic card goes... I don't know how much time it takes. You should wait few more months before you get panicy. Then maybe you can do an inquiry.

Thanks

Thank you. I feel a little better now. I was not worrying about the letter,but about the card and whether USCIS in their bumbling would send it or not.

May be your lawyer address changed

gotStamped said:
Hi,
I got stamped on Jun 2, basically almost 2 mths ago. We used the courtesy copy and went to INS office and everything was fine. My original notice reached the lawyer, but my husband's original notice hadn't gotten there.
A couple of weeks after stamping, my husband's online case status says

"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on June 11, 2004. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

I dont know what it's talking about , presume it's the original notice to the lawyer.

My husband called INS a couple of days ago and they took down our phone number and address and said they would re-mail it (God knows what).
Now it's been nearly 2 mths and the msg never changed. People are getting their cards within 5 weeks these days, so I was getting worried about the msg. We got stamped at Newark.

Thanks for any help in advance.
May be your lawyer address changed

I applied for online EAD-- got reciecpt at same address and did FP

Till one month later got same message via email. EAD pending with same old message. Called them and went to their ofice with no EAD and proof that address was changed. Repeat RFE i.e. FP came at the same address.