Weekend and evening jobs.....

Bangalore Baba1

Registered Users (C)
Here is something to take your mind off about worrying about GC. Do any of you know some good web sites for looking up evening and weekend jobs? I have not found anything so far.

yes here is a solution !

if you want to take your mind off then join a library ...read & join a book club ...goto park ......take a walk ......admire nature\'s beauty ..& finally have faith in god

Well when credit card bill with interest grows firster without having a promotion (Due to labor cert

Promotion & LC: misconception

One can be promoted and also be given payrise even if it differs from LC. As long as the job profile is reasonably similar (say like Sys Analyst to Sr Sys Analyst), the promotion and the probable payrise is fine. That should not have an impact on GC. But something like Sys Analyst to Marketing Manager would render LC invalid. Generally, moving one level up (which is the general promotions procedure as no one really moves up 2-3 levels in one shot) are not major cause for concern.

As for salary, it does not matter if it goes up (No limit). But if it goes down, that would be a problem.

That is what my attorney had told me.

p.s.: During GC process, I have been promoted and also had a payrise.

Bangalore Baba1, without knowing what kind of an evening/weekend job, no suggestion. Also, you would need EAD or a second H1.

To st8: did you submitt employment letter in I-485 mentioning the promotion? Then wait for a disaste

Its not misconception. you are wrong. If you showed your promotion in ur I-485, a definite RFE is coming. Read occupational handbook of labor department for classifing job as level 1 and level 2. A promotion jums the job level. You may need a new LC. So dont be happy. The reason ppl upset for back log of whole GC process is, you cant have any promotion. You may get raise but definitely not a promotion.

Habib, I could be wrong but here is my understanding.

People confuse between job titles and job profile/description. Dept of Labor tries to place a person in a category based on job duties. So, promotions need not be a cause for concern.

One company might have Consultant Level 1,2,3 and then Sr Consultant. Another one might have Consultant, Sr Consultant, Managing consultant, etc. Another one might have grades or tiers and have tier 11 with titles web developer, app developer and tier 12 might have database developer. I also know of a big firm which has titles like member of consulting, distinguished member of consulting.

So, Sr consultant in company one may not be the same in another. And in contracting firms, some have everyone\'s title as \'consultant\' but they may be placed as CIO or an entry level programmer based on their skillset. So, do you the think the title matters.

So, your job duties is what places you in a category not title. Unless your job duties don\'t change drastically, one should be OK with promotion. Sometimes, one gets a promotion and still be on the same project doing the same work (My case but that\'s how I could get a pay raise). Sometimes, same tasks but task allotment differs (earlier maybe managed a team of 3 now 10, earlier did more coding less analysis, later less coding more analysis).

If the attorney could find the probable category a person is placed as per the handbook and file as for example Consultant 2 (s/w programmer) and if you get a letter later as Consultant 3 (s/w programmer) from your employer, there shouldn\'t be a problem.

BUT THEN I COULD BE WRONG AND THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING. CHECK WITH YOUR LAWYER. IF THINGS WORK OUT NO NEED TO LOSE PROMOTIONS/PAYCUTS. (Though may not get any in this market)

Check your LC approval. The job category you have been approved may not be the same as your title.