Wedding Licence

BigWinston

Registered Users (C)
Hi There,

I have a quick question, not really related to this forum but I can not find the information anywhere and don't know where else to ask.

What documentation do foriegn nationals need to show in order to get a marriage licence? Do they need anything additional than a passport / state driving licence such as a birth certificate, etc.?

Again apologies for posting here but I need some help!!

Thanks

BW

Hi,
I don't know if I can be of any help or not, because I think it also depends on what State you're going to get married in.
I know in Texas you would just need your passport.
Why don't you try and do a search online (google, etc.)? I'm sure you will find plenty of info.
Good luck!

The local court will give you the direction to the county office that registers marriages. Call the marriage license office and they tell what you need.

You must contact first the court office that helds marriage certificates most of the States have a website for it, just do a google search and you will find out. Check the phone numbers and make some calls if it's necessary. In some places the marriage license should be issue in the county's court where the wedding will take place if one of the parties is not a resident of the state/country. Most of the time they just need a passport or translated birth certificate and a fee that must be in cash. The amount fee depends on the county. If you need in the future information about immigration procedures and forms please visit first www.uscis.gov or call their customer service.

Last edited by a moderator: