Webfax for SKIL Bill (H.R. 5744)

IV's Homepage

pssenthilnath said:
I do not see any link in that webpage that helps be webfax...could you pelase tell how you webfaxed?

1) Go to IV's homepage at http://www.immigrationvoice.org/
2) Click on the Web Fax link under Main Menu on the left.
3) You will have to register (if not done so already) to be able to use this facility. Registration is free and takes a few seconds.
4) Send Web Fax # 18.

Hope this helps.

skill bill considerations.

Hi,
Are the indian degress (masters in Comp sceince) and related experience in the US enough for anyone to file for I485 (even under retrogression) after the SKIL bill becomes law?

thanks.

this is what i got from immigration-law.com FAQ on SKIL..

...It appears that you are a classical case that the SKIL bill is intended to address to - help highly educated foreign professionals from the trap under the current immigration system so that this country can retain your talent in the country. The employment-based immigrant visa numbers are horribly backlogged and depending on the consumption of the visa numbers in the future, it can turn worse. The SKIL bill will be able to give you help at least in three areas. Your pending EB-2 will be exempt from the annual cap and you will be able to file I-485 application regardless of the visa number retrogression on two grounds. The SKIL bill exempts the foreign professionals who earned an advanced degree in the U.S. regardless of their major field of study. It does not have to be one of the STEM areas of study. Your MBA degree from the University of Berkley will be enough to get you out of the retrogression. Additionally, you have an additional advanced degree earned in India in Software Engineering which is one of the STEM specialties. This degree alone will not get you out of the retrogression. Those who earned an advanced degree from a university in a foreign country must meet at least two requirements to get the benefit of annual numerical limitation exemption. One is the area of study. It must be one of the STEM areas. Study in other areas of major fields in a foreign country will be insufficient. Secondly, even if you have an advanced degree in the STEM fields, you should demonstrate that you have been working in the U.S. in the type of jobs that are related to the STEM study in the graduate school in the foreign country. In your case, the study of Software Engineering may be considered one of the STEM fields. Besides, even though you still have about one month to accumulate three years of work experience with the Silicon Valley employer in California, by the time this bill is enacted into a law, you would have accumulated three years of experience in the job of business systems analyst. I must emphasize that not all business analyst may be qualified for the purpose of the STEM exemption. However, in your case, you are performing the functional business analysis function as well as the technical computer application development functions, which is defintely considered a job related to the study of software engineering.

I have 6yrs exp in my area of study in US and computer science is one of the STEM areas.

Let me know your thoughts please..thanks..