Weary, tired and depressed...i am still around

nam29

Registered Users (C)
Can someone help me.....

Here's my story. My rd is dec, 2001 and no sign of approval yet. On april 27th 2004 my case was transferred to the San jose office. After not hearing from them in over 2 months my spouse made a personal visit (which entails standing in line from 3am to 10:00) to the san jose CIS and the officer there told him the case never got transferred and is still with CSC Laguna Niguel. I went to my local congresswoman Anna Eshoos office for help and my lawyer and i sent in email and fax inquiries as well. About 2-3 weeks later the CSC got back to the lawyer only and said that they had expedited the transfer of my case to San jose. Not trusting them, my spouse visited the local office a week later once again just to make sure that San jose had infact received the file.

One more time the officer there told my spouse that the case hasn't been transferred, meanwhile the online message for my case changed from Apr 27th transfer to San jose to we receieved your case on june 30th. It is taking between 700.... Which clearly means that the case is still sitting in Laguna.

I have asked my lawyer for help but you know their kind. They have been cooperative but not helpful w/ no empathy for the frustration we have to go through.

I am now turning to you, if you have any ideas as to what further steps I can take. Your advise will be sincerely appreciated. Meanwhile I am losing sleep and sanity over this ordeal. And unfortuantely there seems to be no end in sight.

Thanks,
nam29

nam29,
It is sad to see the stress we all go through. You have been waiting for so long. In addition to the mental stress, I can see that your spouse and you are going thru the physical stress too.
Frankly I have not gone through a scenario like urs. However I think you should write down experiences like the multiple visit, the replies given the IIO at the San jose office, the replies given by csc, the processing dates and other case details in a detailed letter format and mail to the senator, congress(wo)man, to the director of CSC. Send it more than once to these authorities. Just sending anything once does not seem to help sometimes. But do not bombard them..
If nothing else works discuss with ur lawyer and send it to the local press.
Finally, do not let this immigration issue get to your psyche. If it gets to u then it means they have won and we have lost the battle of our mind and soul. Do not let it stress u. I know it seems easy to say this, but is tough to practise. I myself do lose control at times. However, the worst thing that can happen is that we might be asked to go back to where we came from. At that point of time, it will be sure that we r not needed here and it is not good to stay where one is not needed. If we believe in our abilities we will be good anywhere. The place that welcomes anybody is truly the home. We all have limited years to live and if we spend a decent proportion of that stressing about other people's control of us, we lose a good portion of our life to a wasteful thought. Instead try to love ur spouse or family more when CIS starts giving u more stress.....Do not give up ur mental calm.
Remember the home from where we all come from is home becos it will always welcome us.

> I went to my local congresswoman Anna Eshoos office for help ...

Have you heard anything from her office ?
I recommend you to talk with Patty Kim again in order to ask her to confirm where exactly your cases are.

Registrationid,

Could'nt agree with you more on this. your advice is, what nam29 really needs to practice if he he wants to stay ground.

Nam29,
By all means, your scenario is much more stressful than most others on this board that I have coem across, but in the end tough times creates tough people.

Also GC is not the end of days ...., Cheer up good friend and keep up the positive frame of mind.

[ For more objective advice, I know people like Kashmir, INS_..., Pralay and various other senior members will play their part. ]

Sincerely wish u a speedy approval.

-CoolRaj

Did you call USCIS 800 number?

download attached document, fill out 485 enquiry sheet and fax it to level II every week until you get the reply.

don't lose hope, stay strong. It took me 6 1/2 years to get the GC and I know exactly how you feel. My I-140 took several years and then 485 took over 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your case is long over due, yet they are kicking you around...

I am sure every over due applicant here can relate to your feelings, especially when we saw 03 cases being approved just b/c their FP is about to expire while all our documents are complete yet being left on shelf.

hang in there brother, don't loose your hope, and believe what you deserve you shall have it sooner or later. Sitting on your hands and wait only got you this far, so maybe it is time to fight for yourself?

Your case is a more abused case than most of us, and you have more rights to complain. Obviously your case is not being well handled and deserves to be brought to the attention of CSC management and Ombudsman at this point, join the campaign:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=132077&page=3

and keep reminding them your case until they can do things right.

similar circumstances

Dear nam29,

I'm a person with similar circumstances.
My WAC # is 02087****. I applied I-485 in 14-jan-2002.
My friend was apporved 1 month ago without RFE. He is same company, same position, same age to me but I'm married and he is single.

I received RFE April and sent june-14.

I don't know why INS claimed Rfe to me without my friend.
I am trying to live positively but sometimes felt tired, depressed...
I'm wondering I don't receive approval.

Too many times I visited INS webpage, and typed my WAC...but everyday I just see same message.
On earth, How long will I have to wait?

nam29,
If you are korean, we have same last name.
I hope you have a good luck...

Thanks you guys...

Its good to have support from people who know what I am talking about. When someone else says they undersand i know that they don't.
I will call Patty Kim...Thanks Kashmir....I will send second level inquiry and I will try and keep my sanity....

I am sorry glendalenam but i am not a korean, but I don't think it matters to the INS who and where we are from, in the end we are faceless pieces of paper for them...

> I will call Patty Kim...Thanks Kashmir....I will send second level inquiry and I will try and keep my sanity....

It's not "second level inquiry".
You need to ask Patty a very specific question.
Where exactly your files are, at the CSC or at the San Jose, or missing ?
or
Who exactly has your files right now ?
I think she will do a good job if your request is very specific.
Once you get an answer, you can step forward to ask a next specific question.

Good luck,

As someone who has waited since October of 2001, have just one thing to say and that is to keep your calm and please do not let this issue harm your health. Stress can be the mother of all kinds of health related issues.

It is not fun to see someone play with your life, goals and ambitions but ultimately this is what it is and we should find a way to calm down and deal with the situation. I am not sure what will work for you but having a green card in a hospital or with poor health is not going to do anyone any good.

Please relax and do what you have to do.