Registered Users (C)
we responded to your request for more information!! What does this mean

Recieved a email from USCIS saying
"On December 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

What does this mean??

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not do a status inquiry. I did change my address on 4th December and my LUD had changed 3 times since that :confused:

shanmanz said:
I did not do a status inquiry. I did change my address on 4th December and my LUD had changed 3 times since that :confused:
Looks like their mistake ( or your approval / RFE ). Wait and see if you or your lawyers get somthing in mail. Call USCIS up as well.
Good luck

I also did my address change and got the same message what you got. Mine I-485 got approved and I have even got the stamping done on my passport and did my address change for my plastic card because I moved from my previous address after getting my passport stamping done.

shanmanz said:
Recieved a email from USCIS saying
"On December 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

What does this mean??

This is their typical message for registering address change. It means they got your new address into the system, and you will receive their notification to this effect in a few days.

Got the same msg

Today received the same message , I changed the address recently. My attorney might have updated them with new address.I am planning to send out the AR 11 this week.

shanmanz said:

3 days for address change??? man!!

there are few posts on this forum who says they got this message after approval. It is unbelievable to think that USCIS takes 3 days just to update address. My guess is they have touched you file and made some sort of decision.

Has anyone heard/got approval/RFE/transfer/FP in next couple of days after displaying this message?

Last edited by a moderator:
GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
3 days for address change??? man!!

there are few posts on this forum who says they got this message after approval. It is unbelievable to think that USCIS takes 3 days just to update address. My guess is they have touched you file and made some sort of decision.

Has anyone heard/got approval/RFE/transfer/FP in next couple of days after displaying this message?

You are not the only one in this country they are working on! Be practical man!! 3 days is not a lot of time!

BTW, I dont work for USCIS - in case you wondered.

i can also confirm this, put an address change request on dec 4th.

got my 485 approveed on Dec 16th.Got emails and everything, called uscis to find out where will they send my approval notice as did my address change 10 days b ack and there website never got aupdated.Officer said that he can see a new address change request but it is not implemented yet so notice will go to old one.

after approval on dec 16th, LUD changed on 17th, 20th and 21st and got an email which say same thing asd mentioned by all of you.

I bet it is address change and 3 days shoudl be ok...USCIS...... :D

me too. I am sure there are tons of other threads regarding this issue.
That message is typically as a response of status inquiry or address change only.
So nothing to worry.....

this is standard message after address change, and LUD change for 3/5 days in consucutively and then it will stop.

so don't worry.