We responded to your request for more information concerning your case

UnFort_User

Registered Users (C)
Received the above message from USCIS for my wife's I485 approval enquiry. RD-June-2002.

What does it mean?

Please share your experience.

Any news other than "Your case is held due to FBI name check" is fine for me. :(

Its mean they noticed that
1. you are giving hardtime to your spouse, whenever she forget to put salt in food :D .

2. Or you become 'Stingy' /(kanjoos) in her birthday present :D

Just joking. ignore this msg, usually ppl receive when they move and change of address, or any inquery they made. now days they are adopting std procedure, the letter that you may or may not recieve will explain the actual reason.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi POJ,

I guess you have a strong spying net work in Dallas area.

I have to hide your response. If my wife happen to see it, she will be very happy to know that USCIS screwing me on her behalf. :D

Thank you for your response.

I will inform as soon as i receive the info from USCIS.

got the same message

Hi:

I got the same message today "On January 19, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case." This was after my lawyer initiated an inquiry. I will post more details when I receive the letter.

lasthead

I-485 ND Oct 2002
FP Jul 2003

UnFort_User said:
Hi POJ,

I guess you have a strong spying net work in Dallas area.

You may not aware of it that USCIS also perfom credit card bill check to learn how many 'Ceramics Cups,saucer, and glasses' you buy and break per month. so they can have some clear picture regarding atmosphare :D :D .

"Viewer descretion is advised" :D

Good Luck

FYI.....I rcvd the same kind of email and in couple of days i rcvd the mail by post after i initiated inquiry for 2nd FP. They responded back saying that it could take 2-3 months to schedule for 2nd FP. My I-485 is Oct'02.

I hope it is not a denial

My GC has been approved mid of last year.

I am writing for the message i for for my wife. (her case is Sept 2002).

We assumed that the FP (Taken in Dec 2002) had expired. So she called USCIS last week.

Two days ago i saw LUD change on MY case and not hers. But my message still said the approval for me.

Today i received 2 emails saying the status of my wife changed and now it reads........

"we responded to your request for more information concerning your case." If you have not received our response within 30 days from .........

I was worried. I thought instead of FP, maybe they sent a denial for some reason directly.

I hope i am wrong.

From ManiG's response, it may be the same response that it may take 2-3 months. (I hope I am right about this)

Please advice.

Does anyone know what kind of message change happens when for any unforseen reason they deny anyone's application. I just want some peace of mind.

We have waited a lot.

Now for 2nf FP enquiry, we receive this message online. Waiting for the letter by post. (which means a week or so of sleep less and anxious days and nights.)

Please help me clarify my beliefs or doubts.

Thanks to all in advance

Casper don't panic,

How come they can deny ur spouse even u apprved, and why are u thinking on this way?

Share us what basis doubts u have that on what basis they can deny?

If you approved and then they immidiate relative would be approved too, as long the alien /spouse keep the relation with u. and u did married before ur approval.

don't think in negative way that they would deny or can deny???? for what?????

The msg is used for calm ppl to stop keep calling them, and now days its std msg in veriouse situation.

1. u moved and update ur address by filing Ar-11 and called 800 to update ur pettiton u would recieve this with the explation why they are sending this letter to u to confirm the address. and info u request to change.

2. Any inquery is made by ur self using 800 number or ur attorney or u sent any letter concerning ur case. in this case many ppl shared they never receivied letter, but only online msg change to confirmat 'hey keep calm' we received what u sent.

3. any other situation may be FP they can but never exp that FP can trigred this msg.

bottom line its general msg, so stop worring about deniel scenario.

Relax and don't worry . it can be FP/RFE or just simple inquery response.

Btw I believe they are sending u letter because you went 'Mc Donald' on your Anniversary ? they just learnd about it :D

Good Luck

U r funny

POJ,

You are funny.

I have no doubts about the pproval.

But imagine this, waiting for almost 2 and a half years now and then one fine day getting this message.

Some where i read on the forum that they dont mention denial online on the site but directly send the letters.

I freaked out since i was expecting the FP and not even an RFE

But i guess now i m feeling better.

far better than how i felt in the morning

Great place to come and share thoughts.

regards

their response day to my inquiry was January 12, and I haven't received anything in the mail yet.

as princeofjungle said, we may not even receive anything in the mail...

got response from USCIS

I had initiated a case status inquiry through my lawyer. On Jan 19 my LUD changed & the online message said "WE responded to your request for more information......". Today I got a letter from USCIS saying that my case has been sent to a supervisor.

lasthead
I-485 ND - Oct 2002
FP: Jul 2003

Whats your status Too Long

Too Long,

seems u have been waiting toooooooooooooooo looooooooooong.

What happened after assigning to the supervisor

Any updates? Did u follow up ? Whats the status saying now?

nothing happened after the supervisor, i called in with another inq. and the response was "yr case is pending", i have another inq. in right now, we will see what they say!

I just got this same message about we responded to your request for more information after my lawyer sent a case enquiry 01/10/05.
I was hopping it would be my approval, does this mean i should expect a letter or are they just working on the case now .
ND 5/3/02 , FP 11/20/04
AD?????????????????? :confused:

HTML:
              The Supervisor 

I am listening you. I am the supervisor 
     Who want to know? ummmm!

____  __.---""---.__  ____
      /####\/              \/####\
     (/-----)              (------)
      \__OO/                \OO__/
    __/                          \__
 .-"    .                      .    "-.
 |  |   \.._                _../   |  |
  \  \    \."-.__________.-"./    /  /
    \  \    "--.________.--"    /  /
  ___\  \_                    _/  /___
./    )))))                  (((((    \.
\                                      /
 \           \_          _/           /
   \    \____/""-.____.-""\____/    /
     \    \                  /    /
      -.  .|               ./.
    ." / |  -              /  | -  ".
 ."  /   |   -           /   |   -   ".
/.-./.--.|.--.\          /.--.|.--.\.-.|

After I initiated a case inquiry by calling USCIS 800 number on Jan. 7, 2005, today I received a letter from USCIS saying "Petition is still pending, a request has been forward to supervisor." What does this mean? Does anyone has similar experience? Thanks in advance.

ND: 9/20/2002
FP: 10/5/2004
AP: ??????