We PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Interview...

PortugueseLady

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

We had our interview today at 1:30pm...and we got approved... :) :D :)

The interview was about 10minutes long. There were NO questions asked about our relationship. He swore us in, asked at the begining for our ID's and then started looking through our paperwork that was filed.

Then he asked what I had for supporting documentation of our relationship, I told him I had put together this well organizated binder ;) with all the required forms. He looked at it and was amazed, he said wow, you are very well prepared, I would say a bit much, I said, hey better more then less...
He then said, he had never seen anyone so organized for an interview :) .

The only thing was....which this is why I think he didn't get to any questions, b/c he had stated that he was falling behind schedule, was our Marriage Certificate.

Our Reven gave us our certifed marriage certificate, so I never did go to city hall to pick one up, I used this same one for my change of name for my license, our bank accounts, etc...and never had a problem...BUT he did state that b/c this was goverment issued reasons, he would need one from the state....so he said, he approved the case, gave me a letter stating what I need to send (Marriage Cert.) and to send it to him and then we would receive the GC withing 10-14days......

I can't believe how smooth it went...I was so excited......

Txgirl, had her appt. today too, hope all went well with you.......

Any questions feel free to ask....

congratulation,i hope to hear from txgirl soon i was wondering what took you so long to post your thread.i know you had your interview today and txgirl too congratulation my interview date is feb 28 2007

Congratulations...

Por Lady,

I am very very happy for you and your husband. Congratulations.... :p Congratulations... Your husband is free to get his other forms of ID :D

I was approved too:)

Hey Portugeselady ... congrats :) ... guess we were both in luck today.

Our interview went well too. We were asked just basic questions... and saw the documents .. and that was it. They approved us , stamped my passport and said the Card will be mailed in 30 days!!! Name check cleared :))))

Sorry I am a lil late as my hubby and I went out celebrating soon after the interview :) and this is the first thing I am doing now that I am back home!!!

I will write a detailed experience soon..

but thanks to ALL on this victory... I owe you guys.....BIG TIME:)

Cheers!!!

I-824

Back in july 10,2002 my I-130 was approved but we never got a approval notice in the mail now I want to apply the form I-824 who's info goes on the form mind or my husband, we need this approval notice I was told before I can apply for my I-485 who is the principal benificary and who is the sponsor you had a good lawyer I had to fired mind in december of 2005 because we will be married 5 yrs on feb 14 and I still do not have my green card and they took away my work papers because at the time the i-130 was not approved now i have a new lawyer and she told us we were approved in july of 2002 so now e have to fill out thois i-824 but I am not sure is it my info or my husbands do you know

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations...

txgirl said:
Hey Portugeselady ... congrats :) ... guess we were both in luck today.

Our interview went well too. We were asked just basic questions... and saw the documents .. and that was it. They approved us , stamped my passport and said the Card will be mailed in 30 days!!! Name check cleared :))))

Sorry I am a lil late as my hubby and I went out celebrating soon after the interview :) and this is the first thing I am doing now that I am back home!!!

I will write a detailed experience soon..

but thanks to ALL on this victory... I owe you guys.....BIG TIME:)

Cheers!!!

TXGirl,

Congratulations... :p I am glad that you guys went on to celebrate, I hope you are going to celebrate more 2nite at home.... :cool: he he he he :)

Share your interview experiences tomorrow after the overnight fireworks... :eek:

Al Southner said:
TXGirl,

Congratulations... :p I am glad that you guys went on to celebrate, I hope you are going to celebrate more 2nite at home.... :cool: he he he he :)

Share your interview experiences tomorrow after the overnight fireworks... :eek:

LOLZ!! Congradulations!

Thanks to all...

Yeah I am glad its over with and how easy and smooth it all went..

I dropped off the MC this morning to the office so we are all set... :)

Now we can have our normal lives.... :) ....it's so exciting......

I wish everyone the best..........