We need stories or testimonials

You guys are on the right track

You guys are on the right track ..... just waiting for things to happen is not the right attitude ......
MAY BE WE WOULD GET REAL MEDIA ATTENTION BY SCREAMING ABOUT FLAWS IN THE HOME LAND SECURITY BY NOT ADJUDICATING THE GREEN CARD CASES IN TIME AND HAVING BACKLOGS IN PROCESSING AS A REAL THREAT TO HOME LAND SECURITY…(backlog in FBI doing background checks … BCIS slow is opening any case )….. that would certainly get everyone’s attention.... now we are talking in terms of what concerns to everyone.

DengDeng,
Could you please add this polished version with the state etc. to your story list:-

Mr. Sai of NY state works as a software architect for a fortune 500 company. He has been waiting for EB I-485 approval since the last 20 months. Mr. Sai has had a clean driving record for several years. Unfortunately, a few months ago, he had a car accident that damaged his car. He decided to buy a safer car. He approached the bank for a loan. Unfortunately, the bank would only give him a loan for 6 months as his EAD expires in 6 months. Not having that kind of money for monthly payment (loan amt. / 6 = approx. 3000$), he has to take the bus to office everyday. This has caused great inconvenience to him since he cannot work late, and has to loose couple of hours everyday trying to take the bus. Approving his 485 petition in a timely fashion would have prevented these hassles. Mr. Sai strongly urges BCIS to clear the 485 backlog and extend the EAD validity to multiple years. The difficulties in providing bank loans for EAD workers have affected the US auto and financial industries greatly.

-sai

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone in the past contacted ..

Has anyone in the past contacted any media (dropping a line of issues to ex. DateLine,60 minutes or any other TV shows) .... I am sure there are reporters out there looking for a story we could capitalize on ..... Just one story will trigger everything in motion ....

just FYI

Here is my story dealing with PA senator Santorum's Office:

On May 15th, first contacted the office, an officer 'Michelle' answered my call and told me she's going to contact BCIS soon, after 2 days, she called back and told me that BCIS found out they mistakenly separate my file with my spouse's and they are trying to correct this problem by appending her case back to my case and seems everything is on tack and asked me to call back in 2 weeks. I was very exited at that time.

May 28th, got the 2nd FP notice and went to Philadelphia office the next day and FP was received on 6/6 according online status.

June 10th, called Michelle back and she told me giving BCIS 2 weeks after FP to process and asked me to call back after 2 weeks.

June 20th, call Michelle again, she told me BCIS told her it need another 30-60 days from 2nd FP date to process the case and asked me to call back at end of July.

July 25th, called Michelle and was told BCIS is going to 'pull-out' my spouse's file and process it by next week since the 2-month mark is close. I was exited again by the news.

Aug. 5th, called Michelle and ask if the case was assigned and was told she did not remember what she told me last time about the file pulling and asked me call back in another 2 weeks.

Aug. 15th, called Michelle and surprised to know that she’s left her job already and a new person called 'Mary' took over her role. Since Michelle did NOT assign the case to anybody, so I have to start all over again to explain the whole situation to Mary again and she agree to make an inquiry again to BCIS and asked me to call back in 2 days.

Today (Aug. 17th), I called Mary and was told BCIS will contact us as long as the decision is made? I just want to laugh and pointed out to her that's mean nothing and tried to draw her attention that the case has been pending almost 23 months, She said 'BCIS has done their best to do their job and just be patient and good luck.' I can't believe what I heard. Seems she work for BCIS rather than tax payer! I knew it's no sense to continue the conversation and got off the line after thanked her politely.

That's the whole process I went through the senator's office, so frustrate!

be careful what you ask for

because you may just get it.....
before contacting the media, make sure that they (reporter or even the channel) are sympathetic towards legal immigrants.
If they are not, they may takeup the issue in an opposite manner getting us adverse publicity and proving to be detrimental to the entire cause.
always look before you leap.

Originally posted by Vallejo
:(

We have two daughters who graduated from School with 3.98 GPA and 3.99 GPA. They both took AP courses; therefore they won scholarships to study at UM. They couldn't use any of them because of the delay of our GC. We are October 01 at Nebraska. They applied for student loans and have already such debts that now they have to stop studing. Actually they GPA at UM for both is 3.95 and 3.97. They have their heart broken and us: their parents. My husband is EB1. What at first looked wonderful, to get the papers soon, became a disaster because almost all EB1 are under strict scrutiny with this new Security Check.

Well, I think this can tell how much hurt us this delay.

Thanks,
Vallejo
Hi, Vallejo,
My case is similar to yours.
My daughter will go to a university from this fall.
This spring, she applied a financial aid because her high school counselor encouraged her considering her high GPA.
However, it was rejected only because she was not a permanent resident.
My daughter, her counselor, and I never knew such a regulation.

The BCIS has to adjudicate our EB I-485 applications in reasonable time under the law.
According to the Immigration Service and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2000, it is within 180 days.
I filed our I-485 applications in February 2002, and my daughter applied a financial aid one year later.
The processing delay is not our fault but the U.S. government's fault.

For illegal students, DREAM Act and Student Adjustment Act may save them.
However, the current intentionally processing delay of EB I-485 is significantly unfair to legal workers and their dependents.
I started contacting Senator and Congressman in California about this issue.
-kashmir

Re: You guys are on the right track

Originally posted by trust2003
You guys are on the right track ..... just waiting for things to happen is not the right attitude ......
MAY BE WE WOULD GET REAL MEDIA ATTENTION BY SCREAMING ABOUT FLAWS IN THE HOME LAND SECURITY BY NOT ADJUDICATING THE GREEN CARD CASES IN TIME AND HAVING BACKLOGS IN PROCESSING AS A REAL THREAT TO HOME LAND SECURITY…(backlog in FBI doing background checks … BCIS slow is opening any case )….. that would certainly get everyone’s attention.... now we are talking in terms of what concerns to everyone.

Great point. This is exactly a flaw in Homeland security. Let us use this also. Let us find the terrorists and criminals among us, so we can liberate ourselves!

Re: just FYI

Originally posted by kia
Here is my story dealing with PA senator Santorum's Office:

On May 15th, first contacted the office, an officer 'Michelle' answered my call and told me she's going to contact BCIS soon, after 2 days, she called back and told me that BCIS found out they mistakenly separate my file with my spouse's and they are trying to correct this problem by appending her case back to my case and seems everything is on tack and asked me to call back in 2 weeks. I was very exited at that time.

May 28th, got the 2nd FP notice and went to Philadelphia office the next day and FP was received on 6/6 according online status.

June 10th, called Michelle back and she told me giving BCIS 2 weeks after FP to process and asked me to call back after 2 weeks.

June 20th, call Michelle again, she told me BCIS told her it need another 30-60 days from 2nd FP date to process the case and asked me to call back at end of July.

July 25th, called Michelle and was told BCIS is going to 'pull-out' my spouse's file and process it by next week since the 2-month mark is close. I was exited again by the news.

Aug. 5th, called Michelle and ask if the case was assigned and was told she did not remember what she told me last time about the file pulling and asked me call back in another 2 weeks.

Aug. 15th, called Michelle and surprised to know that she’s left her job already and a new person called 'Mary' took over her role. Since Michelle did NOT assign the case to anybody, so I have to start all over again to explain the whole situation to Mary again and she agree to make an inquiry again to BCIS and asked me to call back in 2 days.

Today (Aug. 17th), I called Mary and was told BCIS will contact us as long as the decision is made? I just want to laugh and pointed out to her that's mean nothing and tried to draw her attention that the case has been pending almost 23 months, She said 'BCIS has done their best to do their job and just be patient and good luck.' I can't believe what I heard. Seems she work for BCIS rather than tax payer! I knew it's no sense to continue the conversation and got off the line after thanked her politely.

That's the whole process I went through the senator's office, so frustrate!

kia,
Unbelievable! I was thinking to contact this Senator but now I changed my mind. Incidently he is being groomed to be number three in the Republican senate. What a waste! So much noise about the gays and stuff, as if this are the problems of the country. This proves the point that even Senators are either UNABLE or NOT WILLING to help. Hang in there>

Re: Has anyone in the past contacted ..

Originally posted by trust2003
Has anyone in the past contacted any media (dropping a line of issues to ex. DateLine,60 minutes or any other TV shows) .... I am sure there are reporters out there looking for a story we could capitalize on ..... Just one story will trigger everything in motion ....

I regurarly follow the press and TV. I have never heard anything. Maybe, Dan Rather, Tom or Peter can put us on the air.

cinta, can you delete your posts to me, I want this thread clean so ppl can post the stories. I have read all your posts address to me.

Is it hard to find heart-wrenching stories at the VSC. People at other service centers esp. the TSC might have something to say.

Keep the tread

Originally posted by dengdeng
If nobody is going to post the story, then we have to cancel the story attachments.
dengdeng,

Can you make this more visible, i.e. in other groups so we acn collect stories?

my story....

well, some of you might have read my other thread about the conflicting NOID message on the inquiry letter to my online status message which says fingre print has been received...blah...blah.

well, i am not sure what is going to happen with my case yet since it is still being played out as the lawyer and i find out more information about the confusing messages.

when my story becomes more clear with more information in regards what is happening, i would like to add my story to this thread. i am trying my best to document everything that is happening.

Mine is just a general one like other fellow aspirants

Have been working in this country for more than 6 years, paying taxes regularly, taking loans and trying to be normal, helping american businesses realize extra value, profit and what not.

I wish the government of United States pay some attention to hundreds and thousands of workers like us who are an important part of their social security fund flow recogonized. With the baby boomers retiring in the next 10-15 years, we are a part of the emerging work force who will play an important role in shapping the next few decades.
But look at us, after trying to be a good citizens, we notice the attention is more towards the legalizing illegal immigrants, more resources to take care of every other issue. This really shows how much the government cares for us. But one thing is clear the government cares only for the voting pool but not for the hard working pool. For a country that goes out and helps every country in the world, I expect more attention paid to the hardships physically and mentally faced by its own future immigrants due to these processing delays.

I do understand that BCIS has other priorities like homeland security which should be looked into first. But at the same time
I would really appreciate if all our petitions are looked into in a reasonable time with one thing in the background, these are the pettions from the future citizens who had left everything to make a living in this land of opportunity!

thanks

dengdeng

dengdeng save your time and effort on something more productive. Do you really think BCIS gives a shit?
You are really naive to think so. My case has been pending since July 2001. If they have one atom of care they would adjucate it.

Foreigners are considered a problem these days. It's a double blow. They think we are the reason why the tech industry salaries are stagnant. And they eye us with suspicion after sept 11. Green card is not a right, it's a privilege and they give it when they want. No one can get into the internals of the BCIS. Don't think any letters actually reach anyone. I've called many time and sent many letters and all I get is "pending". When I ask till when? It's been already 25 months. They say, till it's approved.
I really check my status online about once a week maximum. I"m continuing with my life as if I have the green card.

Again, my advice, concetrate more on having fun instead of worrying and getting frustrated. What should not worry about what we have no control of.