• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

We need a forum for Egyptian

ramoz , Y.M and zanaty add me to your MSN, we can share knowledge and experiences
ايميلي هو نفس النك نايم علي الهوت ميل...
Gazakom allah 7'ayer

I mean to say if your number is current in Sept or even in August , it is a big risk because you will have to pay all the money and wait for the clearance which might take more than 2 months.
I read about cases which took more than 6 months. So it is considered a risk.

aaah, got you , but i wonder why such long period for clearance.....mine and a lot of people i know had only one week after the interview to have there visa.

Hi Y.M
I hope you can add ur experience here in our forum so tat others will get the benefit.

Where did you translate your papers/ Where did you do the medical check/ how much did that cost you and so on?

Thanks

ramoz said:
Hi Y.M
I hope you can add ur experience here in our forum so tat others will get the benefit.

Where did you translate your papers/ Where did you do the medical check/ how much did that cost you and so on?

Thanks

i hope too :)

OK Again in this forum

Wama Toffeky ela be Allah

I had my CP interview in Egypt, it went pretty nice. I wake up at 5 A.M , I Prayed then dressed up and checked my paper and my money then I went down at 7 A.M as my interview was supposed to be about 10 A.M .

I reached a car park near the embassy at 7.5 and I kept there for half an hour But that was wrong thing I have done cause that when I went to the embassy I surprised with long column outside the embassy and they don?t take on consideration the exact time for your interview they gave you a number when you enter the embassy and you set down and when your number come in order a lady call your number in a microphone.

When my number was called I went to the lady clear she asked me to present my paper each document should be (original , copy and translation) she asked me about the sponsor letter (fortunately I got it few weeks from a relative) I asked if she wants the bank statement , she answered that there is no need for it; then she asked me for another photo despite that she has the one I sent to the kcc after that she gave me to paper to pay for the visa fee (755$$) and for the TNT (15 L.E)

I paid then set down for the interview with the councilor officer; I waited less than hour then they called me , then I went to meet the officer she pointed to me to pick up the phone to speak through the glass shield , she was a nice young lady first she asked me if I could speak English then she asked me about the reset I got from both TNT and the visa fee payment place I gave them to here then she asked me few question about the college I am graduated from , where I am going to stay on the States and what I am going to do there then after that she took my finger print the left index then the right one and she asked me to swear that the information on the form I sent to the kcc is right , I did then she asked me to sign in certain place after that she congratulated me and she told me that the passport and the paper will be sent to me after 7 to 10 days .

The strange thing that she didn't ask me about any address to send me the green card, don't know why and I didn't ask.

Now I am planning to move in May(isa) but tell now I am hesitated about going to Massachusetts or Washington.

Thanx

Y.M it seems that i'll not be able to get the sponsor letter ,coz i dont have any relatives in US but i have a very strong bank statement ,
what's your opinion,is it enough?

i don't know how will it go in 2007.
Im my year i have friend who had only Bank account and they didn't accept it they asked him to have a sponering letter and send it to them so they gonna issued him a visa........But another friend over the net told me that he made it with only his bank account.

Whatever my advice is to try as hard as you can to have to have a sponsering letter from any friend in the States so you gonna be in the safe side if you couldn't just make sure to have a good bank statement with the history of the balance movement in the last 6 months and try to convenice them in the ebassy that you can support yourself and you don't need for support from anyone.

Another thing call the embassy and ask them they may give you good info......call more than one time some people are helpful some arn't

I remember when I went to the translator she told me something about the sponser .
She said that there might be no need for it. And as I was new to this thing I didn't care. But now when I phoned her again she said wait and see so do you think that there might be a way to get rid of this affidavit f support.

Another Question Y.M

I found some friends in US but , i need now the exact procedures to do the sponser letter ?
thanx

After October Cut-off numbers , how everyone see his own chances?
my number is 17XXX i hope to have the interview June 2007 isa

what about you guys?

As Isaid before it is a big problem for Egyptians that the computer chose 7220 winners .
If you are worried that your number is 17xxx what about me my number is 24xxx .
I guess that they are going to move very slow in Afriaca and Egypt.

Any way it is God's choice.

remember ramadan and the feast

maybe guys the exception in egypt cuz of Ramadan and the feast and there are a lot of vacations,anyway we will see in the interview schedule when they publish it in the embassy web site. good luck for all

i'll do my interview in Riyadh ,KSA
is it make difference? or i must wait until my number be current regardless of interview place?

Hi all,

I found that in

DV-2005 - Visa bulletin August, 2004

Number of winners were /

Egypt 6,070
Ethiopia 6,060
Nigeria 6,725

Cut off numbers for Sept were Af 46,700 Ethiopia 32,500
( No exception for Egypt)

Dv-2006 - Visa bulletin August, 2005

Numbers of winners were /

Egypt 6,439
Ethiopia 6,995
Nigeria 6.191

Cut off numbers for Sept. were Africa current Egypt 24.300 Ethiopia 25,300

While in August there was no exception for Egypt and Nigeria was 16,000

Dv-2007 - Visa Bulletin August 2006

Numbers of winners

Egypt 7,229
Ethiopia 6,871
Nigeria 9.849

So Egypt this year has more winners about 1000 more .

THe main point are their numbers in the first half or the second half.

I pray that I will have my chance this year.

Hi all,
I guess that it is time now to share your ideas and experience here to be in one place so that we can search in one place for all what we need .
Best of luck for al.
Waiting for your replys.

If anyone went through the interview would he kindly tell us what happened to him.

Hi all Egyptians;
I'm Hosam Saad DV Lottery winner 2007 my number is AF4*** (Under November cut off number)
I live and work now in UAE and my interview will be in UAE too
Now I'm waiting my Second envelope, pray for me please
I hope we can co-operate
I have now bank statement; but no any evidence of support. And may be I can't get one

I'll be in Egypt these days to prepare my papers (I have to make a lot of paper procedure work)
My email is hosamsad (AT) hotmail.com
What are the best answers for the embassy questions?
Any comment or advices

Best Regards
Hosam Saad