We have our interview date! Have a couple of questions

The French Maid

Registered Users (C)
We finally have our interview date on Sept 19th for here in Portland.

However, I have a question...

1. We just got notice today that his application for employment authorization card is being produced and to wait 30 days to receive it.

Does this mean he can work if he gets the card BEFORE the interview? Can he start working now?... before the card arrives?

Thanks in advance!

1. We just got notice today that his application for employment authorization card is being produced and to wait 30 days to receive it.

Does this mean he can work if he gets the card BEFORE the interview? Can he start working now?... before the card arrives?

Thanks in advance!

Hey French Maid!
Congratulations on your Interview Letter and on the EAD. Yes, he can work as soon as he gets the card, before the interview.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Thanks Magdaj!

We are very relieved! Most importantly, he can start working soon... <whew>:D

I can't wait to post my interview experience like everyone else.

Tapping finger.. waiting for EAD card:)

Thanks Magdaj!

We are very relieved! Most importantly, he can start working soon... <whew>:D

I can't wait to post my interview experience like everyone else.

Tapping finger.. waiting for EAD card:)

Not a problem!

I am also waiting for my EAD. I got an email "card production ordered" yesterday.

Thanks in advance!

French Maid, Congratulations on your IL. If you know for sure EAD is approved i wouldn't loose potentially very good offer. Couple of years back I did worked after knowing my EAD has been approved but received in the mail after 2 weeks. It also depends on the employer since they do need a photo copy of the EAD.

Good luck

He can work now but he has to find an employer that does not want to see his card for filling purposes, There is a number on the card that has to be used and expiration date, so if I was you I would advise him to wait ill he receives the card and then start working, just to be sure he is all covered.

To French Maid from a fellow Portlander

Hi there and congratulations! I have my fingerprinting appt on 9/6. I was thrilled to see how quickly you got your EAD approval after reading the timelines in other cities. Do you know of anyone else in Portland who has had a similar timeline - I guess I'm asking if this is standard for Portland or did you guys just get very lucky? Thanks and good luck!