• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

We got our GCs and want to thank you all!!!

HondaRider

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

We got our GCs on Friday and are celebrating!!! What a great Xmas present!!!

After 8 years as a non-immigrant, over 5 years in the employment based backlog queues and now this year we miraculously win the DV lottery. And today we a LPRs. :D Wow, what a ride.

I owe everyone on this forum a huge debt of gratitude for getting me and my family through this roller coaster ride to LPR status. Without this list, I would have given up on the black hole of DOL and USCIS a few years ago and packed up and moved back to Aus.

First to all the contributors to the PBEC threads. Your information and banter kept a light glowing at the end of the tunnel during the crazy delays we all shared. To know that 300,000 of us were all in the same boat was hard, but seeing signs of movement occasionally for people in the group kept hopes alive.

And now to the contributors to the DV threads. In particular, CatsEyes. The information you provided was so so helpful. Without it my family and I would have been stuck at CP without all the needed information. Several times I had to question my attorney about their directions, and sure enough, when they checked, they were wrong and CatsEyes was right. Thank you, thank you. In hindsight, I shouldn't have bothered with an attorney for the DV.

If I were to give my advice to future immigrants, it would be this.
1. If you win the DV lottery. Follow the information on this site, be prepared, be thorough and do your research.
2. If you plan to come here via Employment based immigration. Be prepared to wait. Work for a very supportive employer. Be prepared to wait. Get a very very good attorney. Be prepared to wait. Expect to stay with your employer for 10 years while you wait. And did I say, be prepared to wait. Seriously though, you will get through it eventually, but be prepared to deal with extending visas over and over again, dealing with children aging out, and many sleepless nights waiting for some sign of progress.

Well once again I wish to thank you all for all the invaluable information and support and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

congratiolations , & happy holiday
can i ask u,, is there apossible to change the informed address after i each the US? and how can i do that..
and u say (Work for a very supportive employer) how to know he will support if its my first time to treat with an american employer
thanx

Supportive Employer

congratiolations , & happy holiday
can i ask u,, is there apossible to change the informed address after i each the US? and how can i do that..
and u say (Work for a very supportive employer) how to know he will support if its my first time to treat with an american employer
thanx

I say you need to be working for a very supportive employer if you are attempting immigration through EB path. The EB process commonly takes 7-10 years, and my experience has been that most employers (and citizens) just don't understand the difficulties for the families of people in the EB backlog nightmare. Your employer often needs to keep sending you back to your home country to renew your visa or change to a different visa category just so you can stay in the US while your EB case is in the queue. It is very difficult to know whether an employer will continue supporting you for the 7-10 years of EB processing, but perhaps you know people who have worked for them already, and perhaps those people are also in the process.

Anyway, to blue_max, since you are DV winner, you don't need to worry about employer support in the same way as EB folks. You need to demonstrate you have the qualifications to be able to get a good job and be able to support yourself and not become a public charge.

NOTE: I am not a lawyer. Any information above is based on my personal experiences and nothing more. YMMV.

thanX Hondarider for the response but what about the first part of my question..
( is there apossible to change the informed address after i reach to the US? and how can i do that..)
beacuase i did inform the KCC with my divorcee address there but am intending to change it at the moment am in.. or u advicing me to contact the KCC now and make the changes in address
NOTE: i haven't been scheduled yet.. but it suppose to be on March
thanx..

GC delivery address

thanX Hondarider for the response but what about the first part of my question..
( is there apossible to change the informed address after i reach to the US? and how can i do that..)
beacuase i did inform the KCC with my divorcee address there but am intending to change it at the moment am in.. or u advicing me to contact the KCC now and make the changes in address
NOTE: i haven't been scheduled yet.. but it suppose to be on March
thanx..

I'm not sure how you would change GC delivery address after POE. You can change address by contacting KCC now or at interview if packet has already been forwarded to Consulate.