Watch out... this could be happenning to you

Ajay S. Moorjani

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone: After having waited for 7 months and 8 days for the plastic to arrive, out of the blue, I decided called VSC today and check on what\'s going on and got some really shocking news.

I was told by the IIO that my case has been marked complete and that my files have been sent to storage. I told her that I still have not received my plastic card and on further checking, she realized that and was mighty surprised herself. She was also not sure, if they have even received my papers from the stamping, I-89 or whatever it\'s called. Anyway, she has asked for the files to be re-opened from storage, which will take two weeks and I will know any further details only after that.

So if your case has taken an un-duly long time, you might wanna check on this.

Ajay

Same thing happned to me after 15 months of wait

I called a month ago, they told me same thing, but still they did not get my file from storage. They told me it would take 2 weeks, but it has been more than a month. I will call them tommorow. I called to day 02/07/02, they were closed because of emergency.

No Card After 15 months

My case was AOS, my passport was on 10/17/2000 in Philadelphia. Then I moved to Va. I did my finger print I89 twice, but still no card. I am very very angry about stupid ins.

Latest Update

Another friend of mine ... same thing. He was told that his files have been sent to some "National Service Center" (anyone know what this is?). Three weeks to pull the files out and another two months to process after that.

Ajay

No Title

There is also a Privacy Act, right? So even if FOIA is
enforcible, no one else but himself can get access to
his own files. I watched some TV shows in which governments
blacked out everything before they released the documents.
They argued that FOIA only obliged them to provide documents
not contents on them.

records

during the gc process what are the agencies that keep records. i believe DOL, for EB categories, returns all paperwork to attorney, who resubmits to ins.

if foia paperwork is returned blacked out, it is really not a very nice thing to happen. has anyone ever been able to make any changes to files successfully?