Washington SESA Tracker

WA State processing

Federal seems to be going leap n bounds for WA. Does any one know of the current status of WA State labor? or if it is expected to speed up like federal anytime soon?

My question was about State level (SESA, WA)

Did anybody who filed their state labor (RIR) in Aug/Sept 2002 move to Regional yet.

Labor approved

I just want to let you all know that my labor has been certified. Its RIR application. submitted to the state in March 2002, been transferred to federal in January 2004 and was certified in August 2004.

Hello guys, I have started following the Washington thread - is there any movement - are oct/nov 2002 getting approved from SESA

Hi
I am a new member. I had filed for EB 2 RIR with SESA on May 2003. Could somebody walk me through the steps involved. I also hear that the federal office is changed to SF. Some info please.
Thx

Which DOL queue?

Hi All,
Does any one know if the employer can decide which DOL queue the Lc does into after it clears the SWA queue. Or does the location of company head quarters have any bearing into the decision?
The reason I ask is, I work @ a branch of my company in OR although the company head quarters is in CA.

I got the following response from my company lawyer..
me:"Does my LC go to the Seattle DOL or San Francisco DOL?"
Lawyer:"San Francisco. Your priority date at the Regional Level is October 21, 2004. Currently they are processing applications received by them in March of 2003. Thus, your priority date of 10/21/2004 is compared to the date of March, 2003, in order to determine when your application will be processed. There is nothing else you need to do about your labor cert at this time."

If it is SFO DOL, could that mean:
1. that Seattle and SFO queues are merged?
2. my case went to SFO queue instead of Seattle!!! (2yrs @ SWA and another 2yrs @ DOL??)

Thanks for your insight :confused:

Washington State Alien Labor Certification Unit

My Priority Date for Sesa is 11/2002.
My lawyer got an mail yesterday from Labor Office and he sent me this in an email:

"The communication lacks specific detail but says that “a preliminary assessment indicates that there are issues that need to be addressed.” The communication then asks whether we desire to continue with the application, and if so, to check off the box and return the form so that the agency can then contact us regarding specifics. The agency acknowledges that much time has gone by, which is why it is asking if you desire to continue with the application in the first place."

Is it a normal procedure? or something wrong with my Labor?
Has anybody got information like that before?

thanks
naresh

naresh,

I've heard that US BEC is sending those kind of letters to Employer and lawyer. Are you sure your lawyer received the letter from WA ESD? If it's true, WA ESD is getting ready to send all the unreviewed applications to US BEC. It's pretty good news, huh? My PD is May 2003. Hope all the applications in WA state will be transferd to US BEC soon.

jkim1976

naresh_dhiman said:
jkim
what are WA ESD and US BEC? How US BEC is Better?
thanks
naresh

We all submitted our cases to WA ESD. DOL is planning to eliminate 2 step processing of LC cases. Under current system first state ESD (SESA) will review and then forward to Regional DOL, Regional (Seattle/SanFrancisco) office will certify.

To speed up this process and also to have nationwide common approval times, DOL started 2 Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC's) for the entire nation. As I last read they are trying to determine which states (Oldest cases pending) they should start processing first.

If they picked WA state in their first list then we are supposed to get approvals faster than we could have got via WA SESA/Seattle DOL.

So can you tell us from whom did you receive your letter? WA ESD(SESA) or one of the BECs? This is very important for all of us.

Thanks.

I guess it is from Washington ESD (SESA). I don't know anybody who have received similar kind of letter.

Good Luck.

Washington State non-RIR labour

All..
Does anyone know if Washington State is processing Non-RIR labour certs anymore? The processing date has not changed since many years.

Do you know if Washington is sending the backlogged cases to BEC centers?

Thanks

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching