Washington SESA Tracker

ljzm - 09576xxx - 12/29/2003
gparappuram - 09578xxx - 02/17/2004
jayjo7 - 09580xxx - 04/12/2004

It looks like there is approx of 2000 cases in between, i guess these numbers are all for l Seattle Region i.e. AK, ID,OR and WA.

Please visit the thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com...threadid=125022 where Seattle region is monitored and shared informations and input your info there

I guess they include cases from CA also. From the telephone info, some 09566xxxx cases which were received by DOL in June 2003 are still not processed. They can not be from seattle region.

Are there anybody who recently got approved by DOL? Could you please you post leading 5 digits of your case number ? Thank you very much!

-lj

Originally posted by jayjo7
ljzm - 09576xxx - 12/29/2003
gparappuram - 09578xxx - 02/17/2004
jayjo7 - 09580xxx - 04/12/2004

It looks like there is approx of 2000 cases in between, i guess these numbers are all for l Seattle Region i.e. AK, ID,OR and WA.

Please visit the thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com...threadid=125022 where Seattle region is monitored and shared informations and input your info there

Hi gparappuram
I don't have any case number with me. My lawyer had it. I never asked for it. MY PD was Oct 6 2003. Thats the only thing I know..
Thanks

No one is posting anything. I am just trying to keep the thread alive. I know there is no movement in Washington SESA last month. Hope to hear some movement in June's update. Come on folks say something.

Seems DOL is working towards Backlog reduction

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

05/27/2004: DOL Getting Ready for Operation of PERM Processing Centers and Backlog Reduction Centers

We reported earlier that the Final Rule of the PERM regulation had been under the OMB review since February 24, 2004 and the review is expected to be completed shortly. The OMB has also been reviewing the DOL's Backlog Reduction regulation since April 19, 2004.
On March 24, 2004, we also reported that DOL were planning to locate the PERM reengineered labor certification processing centers and Backlog Reduction Centers as follows:
PERM Processing Centers: Atlanta and Chicago
Backlog Reduction Processing Centers: Philadelphia and Dallas
The DOL has been recruiting the Directors of these four centers, taking in the job applications since May 24, 2004. Tomorrow, the job opportunities will be closed for the applicants. The PERM Processing Center director position is a "permanent" job, while understandably the Backlog Reduction Processing Center director position is a two-year term temporary job. The job descriptions of these positions are as follows:
Atlanta PERM Center Director
Chicago PERM Center Director
Philadelphia Backlog Reduction Center Director
Dallas Backlog Reduction Center Director

Job links:

http://jobs2.quickhire.com/dol/show...acancy&job=8303
http://jobs2.quickhire.com/dol/show...acancy&job=8304
http://jobs2.quickhire.com/dol/show...acancy&job=8302
http://jobs2.quickhire.com/dol/show...acancy&job=8301

Seems SESA is moving slowly.

Good to see sesa moved two months since last report and now processing July 02. Hopefully here on they will move 2 months everymonth.

Whats happening with the Federal labor?

Federal RIR is stuck at October 2003 for last couple of months. Anybody knows the reason?

Where is my LCA???

Hi folks, I am new to this forum. So bare with me if I say something stupid.

My LCA was submitted to Washington DOL in June 2002. A coworker whose application was submitted the very same day as mine had already received the receipt from the Regional office early Last Month (May 2004). However I am still waiting :( . My lawer's assistance told me that she called the state DOL and was told that my LCA was transfered to the Regional office the same day as my coworker's. The reason that I still haven't received my receipt from the Regional office is that there is a backlog. I really want to believe what she said, but it really doesn't make sense to me. How can it take such a long for the regional office to simply say that they received my LCA??? I don't know what's the best thing I can do. Any clue or words of wisdom is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Where is my LCA???

I feel better now :) . Thanks gparappuram.
gparappuram said:
It took almost 8 weeks for me to receive the notification after it moved to Region, the same for my colleagues.

Hi everyone. ;) I've been enjoying this forum for about one year.
My LC was filed with WA SESA in RIR category in May, 2003. I'm just wondering how much longer it will take for my LC to be transfered to regional office.
Can anyone show me what your state office case # (first 3 digit of 5) and priority date is? Mine is 110XX. So, I can guess how many cases should be reviewed before my case is reviewed. I'll appreciate if anyone accepts my request.
And I have another question. Does anyone know how many people are now handling LCs in WA SESA? I've received an e-mail from WA SESA last Sept and they mentioned that funding cuts decreased their staff from 5 to 3.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Idea jkim1976.

Mine is 104XX with PD March 2003. Based on this it seems on an avg around 300 cases are filed for LC from WA every month. But it will be nice if few more people post their PDs and first 3 digit case #s to get better picture.

Hope we will see few more posts.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. It seems everybody is talking about RIR cases. Anybody has any idea about how the regular cases are going? The posted SESA date has been staying in April, 2001 for more than a year. (Mine was filed in April, 2003)

Hi tradition,
I know it's about 2 years since SESA stuck in April '01 for regular LC cases. Hope SESA will work on regular cases too.

Can you post first 3 digits of your case#?

Labor Certification Backlog Reduction Regulation Published Today

This regulation will take effect on August 20, 2004.

The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, William Carlson, is designated as the "National Certifying Officer." This Officer has two authorities under the regulation:
Determination of which existing cases at the state offices and the regional certifying officers offices should be transferred to the national reduction processing centers, involving obviously the decision to transfer when, how, in what sequences, etc. The regulation provides that the details on this issue be stipulated and released in the form of "Directives."
National Certifying Officer will perform adjudication of certain cases which the processing centers deemed necessary because of the issues involved. These cases will be handled and decided by the National Certifying Officer.
The backlog reduction centers will perform the combined jobs of the current state offices and the regional certifying officers offices for the cases which are transferred to the backlog reduction center. In this regard, the backlog reduction center changes from the current two-tier (state-regional) system to one-tier system just like the upcoming PERM program operation.
The details have yet to be developed and announced by the DOL as to how this regulation will be actually implemented. It is, however, important to learn that the backlog reduction job will go into operation in a month or so from now. Good news, indeed.

Very good news indeed, after waiting for 29 months and still waiting... My case is in federal now.