IIO just told me that my I-485 case was put on hold waiting
for review by Washington DC office.
What is it mean? help!!!

Thanks,

RD/ND: 08/99
RFE RCVD: 01/03/01
waiting since

No Title

Sonic,Mind telling us if your company name has changed/has been acquired etc?.
A huge crowd with such scenario is waiting post 140-Redo approval for 485 processing.So far our understanding is that INS is selectively telling some applicants that 485 applications are on hold. One similarity among all those applicants is name change/successor-in interest etc. and INS is ambiguous whether to send RFE to redo 140 or not.Hence trying to get some things clarified from their head quarters.

No Title

My company\'s name has not changed or been acquired. The only thing
I can think of is that my name on pay check do not match the name
on my I48 application but SSN is the same.

Thanks,

No Title

Thank you for prompt reply.

May be INS wants some guidelines from Headquarters in special situations like yours.

No Title

I have similar RD/ND with you but didn\'t hear anything from VSC since FP on 7/3/00. Called IIO on Dec. 99 and was told they were retriving my alien file from Washington DC. Called IIO again on Feb. 2001, and they said they are still waiting my file to show up. Probably you are in the same situation. I changed my Visa from J-1 to F-1, and transfered school once. Maybe my situation is too "complicated" for them even they approved every step of these processes. Probably they are too lazy to go through our file, just waiting washington DC could give them a simple answer.

No Title

Thanks for reply.

All I applied before were one F-1, two H-1 and couple of
EAD cards. Still too complicated for those AH.