Washington DC office

crystal_yajing

Registered Users (C)
Do any of the kind people here know how long does it take for Washington DC office to interview after they receive the transfer files from Service Center? I received an email today saying my husband's case is transferred to DC local office today. I checked the processing time of 485 in DC office and it said it's processing the cases with receipt date of Nov 25, 2003. His RD is 12/2002. How soon can he expect an interview? Many great thanks!

crystal_yajing said:
Do any of the kind people here know how long does it take for Washington DC office to interview after they receive the transfer files from Service Center? I received an email today saying my husband's case is transferred to DC local office today. I checked the processing time of 485 in DC office and it said it's processing the cases with receipt date of Nov 25, 2003. His RD is 12/2002. How soon can he expect an interview? Many great thanks!

I read from some thread in this forum that the processing dates of local offices that are published on USCIS website only apply to family (such as marriage) based GC cases because these cases are always processed locally. Such dates have nothing to do with other GC cases that are transferred to the local offices by service centers. From many cases I read on this forum, I believe this is true.

You'd better search the tracker for transferring to DC to find the answer. I remember many people complained there is a long waiting, at least 6 months, to just get the notice for scheduling interview in that office. Some people even waited around a year. Sorry to break this not-so-good news to you. But guess what, DC office is not the worst one.