Washington DC / Fairfax DO, please post your timelines here

No Biometrics Yet??

Hi Guys,

I received NoA for I-485 on october 9th, and have not received biometrics letter yet? Isn't it very slow.
Any idea what should I do now? any way to contact ASC as they're the one to schedule biometric apptmt.
My field office is Washington DC.

thanks.

Hi Guys,

I received NoA for I-485 on october 9th, and have not received biometrics letter yet? Isn't it very slow.
Any idea what should I do now? any way to contact ASC as they're the one to schedule biometric apptmt.
My field office is Washington DC.

thanks.

What is ASC?

DV Winner , look at my posts in the OCTOBER forum. I was proactive and actually hand picked the FP letters and walked in at the ASC(APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER) for biometrics before due date.It helped.
btn- Congrats for IL!

Kiddhan625:
Can you please post your interview experience at DC DO?
Thanks..
BTN

It was not bad at all. We showed up about 30 minutes before our interview. We were called in about an hour after our appt time. The officer apologized as their was a big back log they were dealing with. She asked for the documents listed in the interview letter. She went through the file, and asked about basic stuff. She asked how we met, joint documents, pictures, things of that nature. It was a piece of cake. She wrote down notes as we answered her questions.

In the end she gave us an RFE for a document she needed. She apologized that she could not approve us on the spot, but once she received the document we would be approved. 2 Weeks later our online status stated our application(s) had been approved. If you have everything they ask for, and they are satisfied with your answers, more then likely they will approve your i-130 & i-485 on the spot.

The officer was extremely nice in that we had filed my wifes petition under her maiden name. When we sent in the required document, we sent a long a letter requesting her green card be made with her married last name. Sure enough when we received the green card, it had her married last name. It truly is a painless process. The worse part is the wait time to get the interview. Hope that helps.

I had an infopass today at Fairfax office again.
Also they told me that my case is waiting to be scheduled for interview in their system, when I asked how long will it take - she don't know (frustrating)
What do you guys think, will it take a month or two or it might take 6-7 month just to get an interview letter?

I had an infopass today at Fairfax office again.
Also they told me that my case is waiting to be scheduled for interview in their system, when I asked how long will it take - she don't know (frustrating)
What do you guys think, will it take a month or two or it might take 6-7 month just to get an interview letter?

expect to wait 9-10 months from the time you receive your receipts. May have moved up by a month or two now!

expect to wait 9-10 months from the time you receive your receipts. May have moved up by a month or two now!

Job2367 seems to get his IL very soon. I don't know what do they look for to provide interview apptmt.
Mine is diversity case and cannot wait 10 months, if its not adjusted by septemeber next year i will loose a chance to get a PR :(
No idea how to expedite it.

I would like to start a thread to share timelines and interview experiences of applicants going through Washington DC / Fairfax field office. I do not see much posts from DC area applicants in other threads, thought this would help to encourage participation. See below for my timelines.

Thanks..
BTN

I have interview on the same day in Fairfax VA at 2.30. See you there and good luck!!!!

Interview Question

It was not bad at all. We showed up about 30 minutes before our interview. We were called in about an hour after our appt time. The officer apologized as their was a big back log they were dealing with. She asked for the documents listed in the interview letter. She went through the file, and asked about basic stuff. She asked how we met, joint documents, pictures, things of that nature. It was a piece of cake. She wrote down notes as we answered her questions.

In the end she gave us an RFE for a document she needed. She apologized that she could not approve us on the spot, but once she received the document we would be approved. 2 Weeks later our online status stated our application(s) had been approved. If you have everything they ask for, and they are satisfied with your answers, more then likely they will approve your i-130 & i-485 on the spot.

The officer was extremely nice in that we had filed my wifes petition under her maiden name. When we sent in the required document, we sent a long a letter requesting her green card be made with her married last name. Sure enough when we received the green card, it had her married last name. It truly is a painless process. The worse part is the wait time to get the interview. Hope that helps.

Can you share what document did you get RFE for? Also, my interview letter does not state to bring spouse but he is going to come along. Also it does state- initial interview.

Can you share what document did you get RFE for? Also, my interview letter does not state to bring spouse but he is going to come along. Also it does state- initial interview.

You HAVE TO BRING YOUR SPOUSE WITH YOU! We got an rfe for a birth certificate. We were unable to obtain one and had a letter from the embassy stating so. But this was not good enough. So we had to call back home and with some push and shove we were able to obtain the birth certificate.

AOS Interview Call

Hi,

I am USC and applied for AOS for my wife. We applied on Jan. 6th 2009 and finished FP on Jan. 28th. today she got the interview letter for April 23rd and on the letter it is written "Initial Interview". Can someone pls let us know how many interviews do we have to give for getting GC?

Also she hasn't received the AP and EAD. Is this a normal procedure of not to get EAD and AP document and have the interview letter?

Thanks in advance.

RD

Hi,

I am USC and applied for AOS for my wife. We applied on Jan. 6th 2009 and finished FP on Jan. 28th. today she got the interview letter for April 23rd and on the letter it is written "Initial Interview". Can someone pls let us know how many interviews do we have to give for getting GC?

Also she hasn't received the AP and EAD. Is this a normal procedure of not to get EAD and AP document and have the interview letter?

Thanks in advance.

RD

If everything goes fine, Initial Interview will be your only interview, and they will approve your case on that day. Since these days the actual card arrives within 10 days of ID, they do not stamp the passport.

Since AOS is processed faster these days, your GC may arrive before your EAD and AP...nothing abnormal about it.

BTN

today she got the interview letter for April 23rd and on the letter it is written "Initial Interview".
Is this a normal procedure of not to get EAD and AP document and have the interview letter?
RD

My interview letter arrived way before my EAD or AP, even though I got them eventually before the interview. The letter also said "initial interview", we did not have to go back for another one after our approval.

My interview was on Feb 24, 2009 in Fairfax office, I was approved and today (March 28) I got an oath letter for ceremony on April 12, 2009 at Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.

GC Interview Exp

Today i had my GC interview. The interview was at 1 p.m in fairfax office. We reached there at 11 a.m and didn't find the parking in the dunloring metro station and after searching for all most 30 minutes we settled parking the car in home depot and form there it was a 10 minutes walk to the office. We were called around 1 p.m and the officer was good. before we entered his office he had our file. We went through page by page through all the papers. Make sure to-

1. take USC certificate.
2. All i -94's if applicable.
3. birth certificates.
4. Pay stubs of the sponser.
5. most recent tax records.

Take one copy of all the originals and the officer will keep the copy. The whole interview lasted for 15 minutes. He didn't stamped the passport because the database was done but he said we will get the approval otice next week and the GC in 3 weeks.

Any idea does it takes 3 weeks to get the actual card?

congratulaitons for every one getting interview and approved...

i am really surprised and tensed that i haven't gotten my interview letter yet...i filed my 485 on october 2008....i don't know what to do now...its really frustratins..:(

Today i had my GC interview. The interview was at 1 p.m in fairfax office. We reached there at 11 a.m and didn't find the parking in the dunloring metro station and after searching for all most 30 minutes we settled parking the car in home depot and form there it was a 10 minutes walk to the office. We were called around 1 p.m and the officer was good. before we entered his office he had our file. We went through page by page through all the papers. Make sure to-

1. take USC certificate.
2. All i -94's if applicable.
3. birth certificates.
4. Pay stubs of the sponser.
5. most recent tax records.

Take one copy of all the originals and the officer will keep the copy. The whole interview lasted for 15 minutes. He didn't stamped the passport because the database was done but he said we will get the approval otice next week and the GC in 3 weeks.

Any idea does it takes 3 weeks to get the actual card?

Note to all DC residents that are going to file their N-400

Move out of dc before filing!!! HERE BELOW FOLLOWS THE REASONS!!!

I filed my n-400 with dc address all went well.
I had my check cashed, fingerprinted and interview with in 3months of sending my n-400.
Due to the fact that i live in DC i have to wait for dc courts to give a date for oath swearing.
DC court only does it once a month(you read that right!! ONCE A MONTH)
Add to the fact that they only do 120 applicants at a time!!!!!

I have been waiting over 6months!!!!!!!

If you move/live in Nothern VA you can get it done nearly in 4/5 months and
not like me 9months already going for 10!!!