• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Washington D.C Security Clearance

Tawhid

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I have commpleted my DV-2006 visa interview on May 31, 2006. They said, Your visa interview was successful & initially your visa was approved. After getting Washington D.C Security Clearance, they will inform me. They also check my finger print check.

What is this Security Clearance???
Are there any chances to refuse my visa??

Your cooperation is higly appreciated.

Tawhid

Tawhid said:
Hi All
I have commpleted my DV-2006 visa interview on May 31, 2006. They said, Your visa interview was successful & initially your visa was approved. After getting Washington D.C Security Clearance, they will inform me. They also check my finger print check.

What is this Security Clearance???
Are there any chances to refuse my visa??

Your cooperation is higly appreciated.

Tawhid

They will be checking if you have any criminal record, if you have ties with terrorist groups and so on... If they find anything, of course they can deny you your visa...

But if you dont have anything on your record, you should be fine.

Good luck...

vk96 said:
They will be checking if you have any criminal record, if you have ties with terrorist groups and so on... If they find anything, of course they can deny you your visa...

But if you dont have anything on your record, you should be fine.

Good luck...
Thanks for your reply.
generaly how many days are they require?
They said two things:
1. It's a undefinite time frame for clearance
2. No way to track my status for this clearance
How will i know about my status.
There are any way in my interview docs to recongnise it.

By Tawhid

Dear Tawhid

Our security check took about 11 weeks!! İt was like endless nightmere. There is no way to check your status as Washington do not reply to us. We checked our status with the US consulate where we had our interview.

Actually the duration of the FBI check varies from person to person. It depends wher are you come from? Whether your job relates to government or not?

The most important thing is that it should get cleared before 30th of Sept.

I am sure yours will be cleared soon. Finger cross

Security Clearance

Mrs. Bahar

The Embassy said they will inform me and i haven't required to contact with them. This my embassy web site where i can found this type of information
http://dhaka.usembassy.gov. Pls response as early as posible.

By Tawhid
Bahar said:
Dear Tawhid

Our security check took about 11 weeks!! İt was like endless nightmere. There is no way to check your status as Washington do not reply to us. We checked our status with the US consulate where we had our interview.

Actually the duration of the FBI check varies from person to person. It depends wher are you come from? Whether your job relates to government or not?

The most important thing is that it should get cleared before 30th of Sept.

I am sure yours will be cleared soon. Finger cross