was out of status- cp problem? please help

rajasthani

Registered Users (C)
I have got interview at new delhi consulate in september.

i sent my ac140 application which kind of implies that i was out of status for 5 months.

basically, i quit my last emplyer in mid of september 1999 and applied for a new h1 which was received on October 1.

so in effect for 20 days my application for new visa had not reached the INS and i was out of a job.

the previou visa was valid till Feb 02.

i got my new visa approved on 01/24/2000 valid till 10/05/2002

however the lawyers put on my resume that i was "looking for a job" from 10/1999 to 03/2000 a period of 5 months.

is this a major issue?

when your H1 application was applied for, you were in status. but why did your lawyer say you were looking for a job after your H1 got approved?

I think you were out of status for only 20 days (pretty short period) between your last job and receipt of H1 application. But you may want to have ready explanation for why you were looking for a job when you had an approved H1.

Rajasthani Bhai,

please tell when did u apply for ac140 ?
how long will it take if i file my ac140 application now going by your experience.

Thanks,
UrBro.

thanks kashur

i think you are right. my colleagues are also telling me that it is not such a big deal.
i will keep some good answer for this question.

appeal1232001 - timeline

appeal.. my AC140 was reached NWD on 05/30, i tink they opened it in around 10 days and interview is on 09/09. three months from when they opened it.

Rajasthani Bhai,

I got my I-140 approved just now.
I am planning to file ac140,
please tell me a broad layout of
this procedure.
What docs, packets, police reports
i need to get ready.

How much time does it take to fillout packet 3
and send it out?

I will really appreciate your suggestions/replies.

Thanks,
UrBRo.

once again ...out of status is not a problem for CP

and in ur case there is no problem at all ....

the problem starts if u start overstaying beyond the expiration of ur I-94(without applying for ext or change of status etc) or taking up unathorized employment ....

so just relax ...

appeal -- docs for ac140

the docs are easy.

i did not take the help of any lawyer.

i filed out I824 (get it from the INS web site). it takes 10 minutes to fill. sent it to INS with the fee and a copy of my approval.

meanwhile, i asked the lawyers who had done my I140 to send me a certified copy of the papers.
they knew exactly what i was talking about and sent me my entire application and the original I140 approval notice (very necessary).

filled out DS 230 part I for me and my wife. OF 169 for myself.
i also copied parts of my passport to show that i am from the new delhi consular distict.

the i 824 receipt came in a week (california).

i got a letter from our HR manager saying that my application has not been acted upon for more than 90 days and further delay will cause hardship. i dont think anyone cares about the 90 day thing. just get a letter saying something or the other!

sent all of this off to new delhi by ups.

thats it. pretty simple.

i hope you are from new delhi or mumbai. only these 2 accept ac 140.

Dear Rajasthani Bhai,

My lawyer has never done ac140 before, please tell me how do i go abt putting docs for my ac140 nwd application.

Please tell me what exactly did your ac140 packet consist of ?
I want to do it asap.

Thanks.

Do I have an Issue.Pls reply

Hello CP Gurus

I have the following question and would appreciate if u could share ur thoughts

My visa is expiring in oct 02 and i94 in dec 02.I may get an interview in late nov02/early dec 02. is it OK if I simply go t the interview without applying for any extension etc or will that be an issue. According to some people I have talked ,seesm that it would be waste of money if I did apply for an extension.

Pls share ur thoughts on this
thnx in advance

Do a search for H1 expiry on this forum. Recently there was an active thread on the same.
--

Thanks rjo1

But the search yielded not much info. The reason being most of them were associated with either 485 issues or visa stamping in its individual sense, nothing that is connectin to CP.
Well still awaiting to hear from all who were/are in similar situation /or know about the sol thru colleagues.

Thnx in advance again

heres the take for u ....

if u are definitely getting the interview before ur I-94 expires ... do not go for H1B ext ... u are fine .

But id u get the interview after I-94, then to be on the safe side, u should apply for ext. ... u can apply even on the day of I-94 expiry ... keep the prrof that u sent the application to the INS on that day .... technically u can even stay upto 6 months after the expiry of the I-94 and be safe in CP but then why take the risk if you have the control ...

But reading from ur post it looks u are confident of getting interview before the expiry of the I-94 ... Hence u are safe ...

Hey im9999
Thanks for ur reply. is it safe to assume that I might get the interview in the month of NOV 02 since the my case is with the NVC for review and it is already 4 weeks. I had based my guess on the various time frames posted on the CP tracker etc.,

Do let me know if time estimate is off the mark.

Thanks rjo1 My mistake I did not choose the poper forum while doing a search. Thnx for the link posted.
Any comments on the poser for im9999

thnx guys