Was I out of Status ?Pls help!

anxious2

My lawyer has just finished sending AOS package to CSC. Yesterday I was going through my records and saw something which worried
me.

I got my MS diploma dated \'Feb-93\' from university A. During Jan-May 93 (i.e spring semester), I was enrolled in graduate
courses NOT related to this degree but in another field/department. Basically I was doing extra courses + RA.
In May, I was talking to student advisor and she flew into a panic - now I know why. Though the passport said
"D/S", and I-20 was till Aug-1993, I had already completed degree reuqirements. She calmed down
when she realized that I was going back to my country and coming back on a new I-20 from a different Univ.

Everything has been ok since then. I came back in Aug-95 on new I-20, transfered to H-1 in 1996, went home got
H1B visa, and came back in.

Was I out of status in 1993? Would INS be able to detect it in the absence of transcripts? Could it come
out in the interview?

No Title

I don\'t think its an Issue because you are still a Student. When did you take your Practical Training? in 1993 or 1996? In your AOS Paperwork, you just mention that you are a STUDENT during that period.

If this is an Issue, your attorney would have already raised it.

Regards
Suresh