Was @ ASC Our Infopass Conversation

magic_mail

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

I had infopass appointment today to speak to immigration officer
Here is details.....

Our scheduled appointment time was 8:00 Am we reached there at 8:46 AM(don't ask why there is big story) any way we got ticket number then waited for around 40 min, after that IO called us.

Conversation..
1) IO: Can i see appointment letter and photo id?
ME: we gave here our DL & infopass appointment letter with ticket number
2) IO: Why are you here?
ME: We have our I-485 pending since December 2003 and did received any update since january 2006
3) IO: Can i have receipt number of your 485?
ME: We gave copy of our 485 notice.
4) IO: It appears that, they reviewing your file last date they looked at your on May 31 2007, so it looks like they are working on it.
5) Me: Can you check if our name check was cleared?
IO: Yes, your name check was cleared.
6) Me: We gave our last FP on March 2006 are they going to another FP?
IO: They may issue FP.
7) Me: Couple of our friend got approval who has filed after me but we are still waiting?
IO: as i can see they are reviewing your file so thats good news. i am sending email to them about your concern.
8) IO: Is there anything else?
ME: Thats all, thank you.

NOTE:- IO was very polite i think.

let see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great... at least you are done with the "Name check". Your GC is right on the corner, anytime now.

Good Luck.

Hello Magic Mail,
I (along with Family) had taken an infopass last month to find out if our name check has been cleared and was told told that it has been cleared and that our case just has to await its turn.

However, my wife had to call the USCIS to correct the address that they have on record for her. The apartment number was missing in the address. The officer that she spoke to had mentioned that the background checks have not been cleared and she did not have any more updates. My PD is Jun 2001 and 485 RD is June 2005.

Conflicting info -- This is really frustrating.

Cant be sure of anything until we get the card in the mail. That is the way it is, i guess.

Subi

I have got the same conflicting information. TSC said Name Check is pending. Infopass agent said its not pending and case is just awaiting adjudication. Whatever!

clarification

I would like to CLARIFY something. When I went for Infopass, the officer's title said Information Officer and not Immigration Officer. This was in Philly. I am assuming this to be true through out. So when you go to Infopass you talk to Information Officer not Immigration Officer. So I think they have pretty limited access and priveleges.

MV

Hi All:

Here is details.....

Our scheduled appointment time was 8:00 Am we reached there at 8:46 AM(don't ask why there is big story) any way we got ticket number then waited for around 40 min, after that IO called us.

Conversation..
ME: We have our I-485 pending since December 2003 and did received any update since january 2006
4) IO: It appears that, they reviewing your file last date they looked at your on May 31 2007, so it looks like they are working on it.
7) Me: Couple of our friend got approval who has filed after me but we are still waiting?
IO: as i can see they are reviewing your file so thats good news. i am sending email to them about your concern.

let see what happens.

I am in a kind of similiar situation. Last month the IO told me that our name check is stuck. I followed through the congressman and he told me on last thursday thursday that our NC's are cleared. I had an info pass appointment and reconfirmed with the IO on NC's and she told they are clear. But she also mentioned that sometimes they check again. When asked about my 2 nd FP she said I should talk to the TSC directly. I went back to my congressman. He told me that they had already send me the 2nd FP on May 17 2007. But myself and my lawyer nobody has received the same. The Congressman said that he has already asked to issue a new FP and it would take 3 weeks time.

But what scares me is that they might do NC again who knows and this might add to processing time.

begreen

EB3, RIR, VSC ->TSC, INDIA.
PD 06/08/2001
I 140 Applied on – 08/13/2004 Approved – 01/19/2005
FP done on – 04/08/2005
I485 – Receipt Date 08/13/2004

Hi All:

Here is details.....

Conversation..

let see what happens.

infopass people just tell u a little bit more than phone call

I went to infopass today with my spouse.
For my case they said it is under review and FP expired but cannot help further. Have to wait till I get the FP notice.
How to make sure that they send th FP notice. I missed by 2 weeks nly as it expired on May 15, 2007.
For my wife it is namecheck issue so we are doing the routine of congressman, letters to FBI officers Hooton and Cannon.
Also the address wa an old one. I changed address online but they still ahve old address on 485. Amazing..

Which state is your congressan from ? Their office seems to be pretty responsive

I am in a kind of similiar situation. Last month the IO told me that our name check is stuck. I followed through the congressman and he told me on last thursday thursday that our NC's are cleared. I had an info pass appointment and reconfirmed with the IO on NC's and she told they are clear. But she also mentioned that sometimes they check again. When asked about my 2 nd FP she said I should talk to the TSC directly. I went back to my congressman. He told me that they had already send me the 2nd FP on May 17 2007. But myself and my lawyer nobody has received the same. The Congressman said that he has already asked to issue a new FP and it would take 3 weeks time.

But what scares me is that they might do NC again who knows and this might add to processing time.

begreen

EB3, RIR, VSC ->TSC, INDIA.
PD 06/08/2001
I 140 Applied on – 08/13/2004 Approved – 01/19/2005
FP done on – 04/08/2005
I485 – Receipt Date 08/13/2004