Want to Visit CANADA if US Visa expired but Valid I-94

spp123

My L-1 A Visa is expired in April 2005.
I-94 is valid till Oct, 2007.
I want to visit CANADA for 1 or 2 days.
Currently I am in Detroit.
Can I visit CANADA and come back to USA ?
What will happen with my current I-94 ?

I understand I am not suppose to let Canadian Immigration entry Officer take out my I-94. but while Returning US Immigration will be validating following:
1.I-94 Expiration ( which is good)
2.Passport Expiration (which is good)
3.Visa Stamp Expiration ( which is expired in April 2005).

How do I enter back into USA?

Would you please also provide me the link for USA Legal (INS) website so that I can take printout and while returning I can show at entry port.

Thanking you,

Not a Reply, Same question !!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have the same question and any one please point to some web site which has an answer!!!! :D

Thanks in advance!

I too have the same question(except i am in L1-B) .Please post the reply (experienced members)

i m also here on L1A and belong to special registrent country.
I did try AV30 rule in june and it was smooth. they just worried regarding my current status and i obeyed the AV 30 rule.

sammal said:
i m also here on L1A and belong to special registrent country.
I did try AV30 rule in june and it was smooth. they just worried regarding my current status and i obeyed the AV 30 rule.

I will be in the same boat a couple of months of now. Could you kindly let us all know what is the AV 30 rule ? Thanks for your help :)

I have the same issue and was thinking of going to canada. If you go to nvars.com site, they have mentioned that without a valid stamping, you can not re-enter in US as the case was previously.

I also don't know what was the case previously and when did it change. I wanted to copy and paste that content here but for some reasons that site is not coming up right now.

I will again try to find out that message but I remember seeing it there. It was on some page just before starting appointment.

If you find some more info please do let me know.

av 30 rule

av 30 rule says if u wanna travel canada with your expire visa but valid i94 u can do so. but there is some provisions there
1. ur trip will not be longer than 30 days
2. u dont apply for visa stammping there
3. u will not go any other country from canada.

i did use this rule in june 05 and was smooth with me. i m on L1a and belongs to special registrant country.