Want to pre-empt an RFE, please advice

athreya

Registered Users (C)
I am pretty sure I will get an RFE for I-639(medical exam)as my lawyer did not file for it. I already finished my FP last week .Can I pre-empt by mailing in my I-639 before I get my RFE or should I wait till I get my RFE.
Does mailing before create any problems.

No Title

I am in the same boat and am not sure whether to send document before RFE to save time or not.

Need to contact your Attorney

Without medical form how your attorney submitted I485? You guys need to contact your attorney and I think he may be able to send the documents.

Decision to pre-empt an RFE

I am in the same boat, my wife\'s medical exams were not submitted at that time as she could not be vaccinated.

I am waiting for an RFE and not sending the exams earlier. I have read on one of the chatboards that there is a special number attached to an RFE and that expedites the processing once received by INS. If you are proactive and send it earlier than it may be put on a pile somewhere and may not get attached to your file.

If you all find otherwise, please report your findings.

No Title

The problem of being proactive is that INS gets so many mails that your mail will be put as general correspondence and may not have a high priority. Depending on their work load, they may not look at your mail for a long time. The other issue is that it is possible that even after being pro-active you may get an RFE. Then what do you do? To be safe you will always resend the information and not take the risk of assuming that th einfo you sent pro-actively has been read.
The RFE\'s INS sends you are replied in a special bar coded envelope, which reaches the correct officer immediatly.
That is why it is better to wait for an RFE. Imean you may not even get an RFE and be approved!!

Got Medical RFE, but no special envelope

I got an RFE for skin test. But I just received one blue form and no special envelope as mentioned in a previous posting. Am I missing anything. I applied myself without lawyer. Please HELP!!

I would recommend you to wait till you get your RFE

When they issue a RFE, they send a special (yellow) return envolpe
to inculde the additional documents...this envolpe indicates
the mailroom members to send it directly to IIO instead of placing
it in a regular que.

I am on the same boat.

My lawyer said he\'d prefer to wait, but he has given me the list of doctors after I asked him.

I sent my medical results after FP

the VSC mailroom receipt was sent back to me. But IIO wasn\'t able to tell from her computer screen if the medical had been merged into my application or not. What she could say was like: when new file is received it will be sent to a merge room to get merged.

Do the medicals and be ready with the papers...

Do the medicals as it might take some time to get everything ready. Once you get an RFE then you can send the documents immediately.

eddyja.