Want to get stamped in passport

nj_skm

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, my I-485 (EB2) was approved on Apr 28th, 2008 but I still haven't gotten the physical GC.
I'm tired of the BS they keep giving me whenever I call them.

I'd like to get an infopass and get my passport (and the wife's) stamped so that in case I need to travel I'm covered.

However, infopass seems to insist that I go thru the (moronic) customer service number for getting the GC.

How do I get it done?

Thanks,
nj_skm

I am in a similar boat, so I made an infopass appointment, went there, and they sent me to do additional biometrics the same day. A week passed since then, so I'm waiting for the outcome. It seems they will give you a stamp only if there is real need for this, like upcoming travel in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks for the reply.
How did you make the appointment? The website is as user unfriendly as the rest of the USCIS. :)
Did you take the case transaction number?
Thanks,
nj_skm

Well there is nothing special to make the appointment. Just go to www.uscis.gov, click on infopass, and then basically follow several pages answering questions. Yes, there is a place to enter your AA and receipt numbers. After each page is filled out click Continue. In the end there is a confirmation page that you print out and take w/ you.