Want to file AC21

goodnews123

Registered Users (C)
Soon I would like to file AC21. Can anyone give Pro's & Con's, if I file AC21 now. My RD was 10/25/2002, ND 11/12/2002 Cat EB3. Does it trigger to transfer the application to local office !!! somewhere in the forum I read it ( I am not sure ).

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Not necessarily it will be transferred.

You need EVL from your employer for the same or similar job you are going to take up with him/her.

Pros :

Better Job
Better Salary
Job Safety

Cons :
RFE if you don't submit the AC21 docs before hand...
Head ache if it is NOT a similar job......

I have been on this forum a long time and I haven't seen any of the AC21 cases being rejected ... NOT even a single one till now ..... Guys. .. correct me if I am wrong ......

Good Luck.

- Jha

My attorney recommended me that not to inform BCIS about job change coz that will trigger case transfer to local office and non of us wants to wait for another year(some centers)....and I also read on this forum that there is no need to let BCIS know about your job change....But do what you think is right

I used AC21 to switch companies. I informed the USCIS about the change....never received a RFE for anything and got approved before expected. I think its a good idea to inform the USCIS unless you have to hide something (like different position, job description etc).

I informed INS about job change(AC21) and my case got approved without RFE
RD:- 11/02/2001
AD:- 02/12/2004

yager,

Yes....however, the new title was different from the old one (the new company didn't have a similar title); so I had the new employer put the old title in parenthesis on the offer letter. My lawyer typed out a letter with the job description as in the labor petition and I got that signed by my manager in the new job and sent it to the USCIS.

ND: 05/03/2002
AD: 01/14/2004