Want to bring wife in H4 to US to file 485 with me

Hong Lu

Registered Users (C)
I filed 485 last June and recently got letter from INS asking for W2 and paycheck copies. I just got married last month and want to bring my wife to US in H4, my H1-b will expire next year. Since I don\'t have H1-B stamped on my passport, I was suggested to go to Canada or Mexico to get H1-B visa on my passport, then my wife can apply for H4. I checked US Consular Services in Canada, the earliest data is in Aug. and I have to send my 485 material before Aug. 15. My question is: is it safe to go to Mexico get H1-B on my passport? Which city is better to go? What is the procedure? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

Lu Hong

No Title

Hong Lu

Mexico is a lot better than canada. Ciudad Juarez would be ideal. But u need to contact Victor Garcia for that. I think he has a site now Victorgarcia.com or maybe someone has his contact details. He will provide u all the details and its a lot easier for u that way.
This is only my personal opinion

No Title

Why don\'t you consider the idea of going to the consulate in your country . Both you and your wife can appear for the Visa and come back immediately. It may be costly one, but you can come fast and apply for your wife\'s I-485.