want to bring husband home

Jessica1

Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen who was married one month ago in Italy where we now reside. I would like to bring my husband home fast so that I may resume my work. The embassy said to file the I130 and get immigration visa and that that process may take 4-6 mo after I have residency here. My question is if I want to return home faster to resume my work because of financial hardship can my husband come on a tourist visa then adjust his status to greencard? Is there a quicker route? Thanks!!! This whole process is confusing.

I am a US citizen who was married one month ago in Italy where we now reside. I would like to bring my husband home fast so that I may resume my work. The embassy said to file the I130 and get immigration visa and that that process may take 4-6 mo after I have residency here. My question is if I want to return home faster to resume my work because of financial hardship can my husband come on a tourist visa then adjust his status to greencard? Is there a quicker route? Thanks!!! This whole process is confusing.

No- he cant just come over on a tourist visa and adjust. This is classed as visa fraud and can result in deportation and a life time ban from the US. You should go the route that the embassy has already rightfully advised you to take. This route is actually the quickest route out of all the family based visas. Almost all foreign fiances/spouses whose US citizen partner is currently residing in the US would be extremely jealous of your situation and your potential short timeline, so you are already fortunate enough to have this option available to you.

Ok, thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely go the way the embassy advised:)This whole process is confusing but I know now that we have to file the I 130 and go that route. Thanks again!

Youre right about the whole process being confusing, lol. When I first started I felt overwhelmed and incredibly lost.
The best advice I can give you is to read, read, and read some more.
Here is a phenomenal message board which will really help. When you file for a spouse at the embassy it is known as DCF (direct consular filing), so Ive pulled up section of the message board which is dedicated solely to DCF. Have a read through the many many threads and Im sure this will help you with your understanding and it should help answer some of your many questions.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=82

No- he cant just come over on a tourist visa and adjust. This is classed as visa fraud and can result in deportation and a life time ban from the US. You should go the route that the embassy has already rightfully advised you to take. This route is actually the quickest route out of all the family based visas. Almost all foreign fiances/spouses whose US citizen partner is currently residing in the US would be extremely jealous of your situation and your potential short timeline, so you are already fortunate enough to have this option available to you.

Not true .. Im a US citizen and i married my husband in honduras and we went to the embassy and got him a tourist visa and came here to see about a green card.. I dont believe its fraud unless one comes here "meets" their future spouse and gets married here.. but i dont believe its a problem if you 2 are already married abroad.

Sorry...but youre wrong. If one comes on a tourist with the 'intent' to adjust status, then yes, this IS classed as visa fraud. A tourist visa means just that, a visa for tourists, not for people to stay. People do come over on a tourist visa and successfully AOS...however, should the interviewing officer suspect that there was intent to AOS prior to US entry then this could result in deportation and a ban from the US. This is the reason why there are spousal visas in place so that people can apply for the appropriate visa and legally go through AOS. You were lucky to successfully have your husband AOS on a tourist visa....had the interviewing officer suspect intent prior to entry, then right now you could have been telling a whole different story. The correct route for your husband should have been either CR1/IR1, K3 or DCF.

I dont believe its fraud unless one comes here "meets" their future spouse and gets married here
As Triple Citizen has already stated, this is the case which is most likely to be successful and least likely to be accused of fraud.

Hello i am new on here and not really sure about all this but has help me a little ive just been very upset because ive just heard that my husband in Morocco who ive filed that I-130 for he may not be able to come home because you need a certain amount of money to surport him and i am on SSI so i dont know what will happen now do i not have right to marry or love him we are married now i just cant forget him it would kill us both if we cant be together we cry now we miss each other so much..Please someone help me with this if ya know anything in this matter..thank you

So triple ciizen do you know about me bringging my husband home?from morocco if i am on SSI do you think i still can bring him or i dont have right or enough so i am unable to work what am i surpose to do ive filed the I-130 already.

Firstly, you should have created your own thread.
Secondly, if you do not meet the financial criteria on your own, you can always have a financial co-sponsor.

So triple ciizen do you know about me bringging my husband home?from morocco if i am on SSI do you think i still can bring him or i dont have right or enough so i am unable to work what am i surpose to do ive filed the I-130 already.