waiver job transfer

doc2020

Could anyone please list the steps needed to change your waiver job?

Can you do it without a lawyer?

If an employer is not paying per contract, is this enough reason to justify "breach of contract" and thus changing waiver job?

If you change waiver job, would their be any problem later on when you apply for GC/Citizenship?

Thank you for you help!

changing waiver jobs

A physician can only change jobs under"extenuating circumstances"- i.e. if he'she is fired, or if the facility closes down. I amnot sure how you can go about if your employer does not pay you the promised salary- i suppose you can involve the labor dept.
But you've decided to change jobs, try to get an offer of employment in another underserved area, and while filing for H-1 for that job, make sure your attorney attaches a proof of the previous waiver, and the "extenuating circumstances" proof, and a letter from the J-1 handling authority in case the job is in another state, and that it is a H-1 TRANSFER.
I went thru similar problem and had to change jobs after 1.5 years of waiver, to a different state and have just rec'd my gc.
any queires, email me- my id is *****

Last edited by a moderator:
If the employer pays less than the 'proffered wage' on the H1 LCA, you probably have a good shot at the extenuating circumstances thing. After all, by refusing to pay the legally required salary, he puts your status in jeopardy.

Breach of contract is a reason enough to change employer/J1 waiver job. The new job should be a J1 waiver job too. Make sure you get a lawyer involved.

There should not be a problem with the GC or citizenship under the circumstances.

change of waiver jobs

Hi , can anyone let me know if family reasons enough for transfer of H1b during a waiver. My spouse is in a different state on a J1 and I am doing a waiver and staying by myself with my son. How to proceed about changing my waiver job.

jinju said:
A physician can only change jobs under"extenuating circumstances"- i.e. if he'she is fired, or if the facility closes down. I amnot sure how you can go about if your employer does not pay you the promised salary- i suppose you can involve the labor dept.
But you've decided to change jobs, try to get an offer of employment in another underserved area, and while filing for H-1 for that job, make sure your attorney attaches a proof of the previous waiver, and the "extenuating circumstances" proof, and a letter from the J-1 handling authority in case the job is in another state, and that it is a H-1 TRANSFER.
I went thru similar problem and had to change jobs after 1.5 years of waiver, to a different state and have just rec'd my gc.
any queires, email me- my id is *******

Procedure for new waiver

Do we have to go thru all the steps for waiver approval for the new job [DHss, DOS etc. ] ? Or just a H1 transfer.

My understanding is that you just apply for H1 transfer. Make sure you get letter from J1 waiver administrator of your State. And also from the State you are going to, if it is a different State.

Just attach these letters along with explanation why are you requesting the change to USCIS for H1 transfer. It has to be under extenuating circumstances.