Waiting Times- Admin Review

Gwen

Registered Users (C)
I just called the NVC and they are indicating that it is 6-8 weeks after the Packet 3 is received by them before the review is done. From this board and others, it didn't seem to take that long. Doesn anyone have any experience with the wait times? I was told 4-6 weeks back in Dec and now the girl at NVC claims it has always been 6-8 weeks -- weird. At this rate, I doubt we will get our interview till APril --

:confused:

mine took less

My p3 was reviewed by the NVC almost 4 weeks to the day after it was received from St Louis.

I have been told that now the interview will be scheduled and my attorney informed abt the date. This process (scheduling and informing the attorney) apparently will take between 3 - 4 weeks . And the interview will be approx 1 month from that date.

I am expecting a Feb interview in Montreal.

Originally posted by Gwen
I just called the NVC and they are indicating that it is 6-8 weeks after the Packet 3 is received by them before the review is done. From this board and others, it didn't seem to take that long. Doesn anyone have any experience with the wait times? I was told 4-6 weeks back in Dec and now the girl at NVC claims it has always been 6-8 weeks -- weird. At this rate, I doubt we will get our interview till APril --

:confused:
According to me they roughly take about 33 days to review. Excluding all public Holidays (Christmas/New Year, et. al). For me it took about 42 days, 10 days over the average time. If I do add Thanksgiving / Christmas as public holidays, roughly we do have 33 days as an average. For more details on individual cases you could check out www.cptracker.com

Based on the timeframe given by TeeRoy, my case should get reviewed in a day or two. And from the forums posting so far what I conclude is that there are not many interview scheduled for Feb'03 (for Mumbai). So should I hope to get an appointment for Feb'03. Or am I being too optimistic.

Cheers !!

I am expecting

NVC recvd. my p-3 on Dec23 rd and I am expecting it will be sent to conusulate by end of this month after review. So, I am guessing my intvw. will be some time in April. March is too optimistic for me (but who knows with less workload in 1st qtr I might even get it :D ).
keep us posted.

Thanks,

Originally posted by hate_tsc
Based on the timeframe given by TeeRoy, my case should get reviewed in a day or two. And from the forums posting so far what I conclude is that there are not many interview scheduled for Feb'03 (for Mumbai). So should I hope to get an appointment for Feb'03. Or am I being too optimistic.

Cheers !!

What I understand is, 15th of each month seems to be the cut off date for scheduling interviews for the month after (next month). So if your case is reviewed and forwarded to the consulate before Jan 15th, you can possibly expect a Feb interview.

Also, I’ve read on the forum, some times NVC would do an electronic transfer to the consulate. Now I’m not sure if this is true for B’bay though. But wish you the very best and hope you get on to the Feb bandwagon.

Ciao!

cut off is 20th

The cut off date is actually the 20th of each month not the 15th.

yeah hate_tsc I know the feeling. I hate the tsc too. Man oh man what a journey.

Re: Re: Waiting Times- Admin Review

Originally posted by TeeRoy
According to me they roughly take about 33 days to review. Excluding all public Holidays (Christmas/New Year, et. al). For me it took about 42 days, 10 days over the average time. If I do add Thanksgiving / Christmas as public holidays, roughly we do have 33 days as an average. For more details on individual cases you could check out www.cptracker.com

Hi TeeRoy et al,

Could you recall or know how many days it took for your case to get reviewed (and forwarded to respective consulate) from the day the case was keyed into NVC system.

From what I understand (from my conversation with NVC officer) is that, once P3 is received it will take 2 weeks for NVC to enter into their system.

In my case below are the dates:

- P3 received at consulate - 12.06.02
(did express overnight to save couple of days - because of the holiday season coming up)
- P3 keyed into NVC system - 12.23.02
- As of today it is still under review.

I'm just trying to narrow down the statistics for P3 to get reivewed at NVC.

Cheers !

you can input all the numbers into Excel, SAS or minitab and try to get average, mean, median, mode, etc. But INS/NVC will takes its own time for each case. Its been 25 days since my I140 was approved and still it hasnt reached NVC yet. With changes in immigration policy soon, this might get worse. Damn INS TSC NVC, have some gatorade!

Originally posted by cannon576
you can input all the numbers into Excel, SAS or minitab and try to get average, mean, median, mode, etc. But INS/NVC will takes its own time for each case. Its been 25 days since my I140 was approved and still it hasnt reached NVC yet. With changes in immigration policy soon, this might get worse. Damn INS TSC NVC, have some gatorade!

Cool it man ..... its a long way to go for you ... so you can just sit tight and relax. I guess people like me who are at the end of the tunnel are much more excited.

Cheers !

Long Time

If your case was just entered on Dec 23rd -- you have a bit of a wait. Mine was entered on Dec 5th and I am not anticipating a completion of review for another month (to be realistic -- if shorter, then it will be a pleasant surprise) NVC indicated to me more than once that it takes them 6-8 weeks AFTER they input it to review it and that AFTER that time they will send to consulate for interview date, add a couple weeks on there and I don't see us having an interview until March or April. Some CPers get lucky and have it all wrapped up in a few weeks, but luck has never been on my side. Our i140 was complete on May 4th. It is now Jan 8 -- no luck here! Maybe it's because there are 6 of us in the family who are applying (4 children) who knows but don't get too anxious yet!

Re: Long Time

Originally posted by Gwen
If your case was just entered on Dec 23rd -- you have a bit of a wait. Mine was entered on Dec 5th and I am not anticipating a completion of review for another month (to be realistic -- if shorter, then it will be a pleasant surprise) NVC indicated to me more than once that it takes them 6-8 weeks AFTER they input it to review it and that AFTER that time they will send to consulate for interview date, add a couple weeks on there and I don't see us having an interview until March or April. Some CPers get lucky and have it all wrapped up in a few weeks, but luck has never been on my side. Our i140 was complete on May 4th. It is now Jan 8 -- no luck here! Maybe it's because there are 6 of us in the family who are applying (4 children) who knows but don't get too anxious yet!

Hi Gwen !

Any word from NVC regarding your P3 review. I just wanted to make sure that 12.05.02 is date when NVC entered your case in their system and is it not the date when your P3 (sent via mail) reached NVC.

I would really appreciate if you could post the latest on your case.

Cheers !

an update

My case was keyed in on 10th jan and operator told it will take 6 to 8 weeks for review and to send case to the corresponding consulate. Considering all these I am not even expecting april interview and I guess it's going to be in May..

boy I have to face red hot summer in India!

RFE

Hello again,
My case was sent back to my attorney on Jan 8th for more information (custody issues). So, now they say that AFTER I resend paperwork it will be another 6-8 weeks before they review it. I could scream! I can't believe my luck...anyone had any experience with RFE waiting times -- is it any faster than that? Do they just throw it in with all the other mail?

what's RFE?

Gwen,

Is your case comes under falimy based immigration or what? What do they mean by custody issue?

I belive once u send the evidence for RFE I guess it will take 3 weeks to get the case processed in NVC. I remember seeing it some where else in this portal. Don't worry.

Thanks,

Thanks

Thanks so much -- I will keep my fingers crossed. As it is, it's out of my hands!! I will hope for the best. I applied for the court documents (foudn the case number by some miracle) and that takes 6 weeks from Toronto office, then I can mail requested documents to NVC -- and hope for the best.

RFE issues

No, my case is employment based but I have 2 children from a previous marriage. They haven't seen or heard from bio father in 7 years, and are 17 and 18 years old now, but I have to find him and get document saying he will give up his visitation rights. I have custody, but he was entitled to visitation when we were in Canada. At this point, I don't see interview until May or June in Montreal. We had our fingerprints done in Aug 2002, I hope they are going to be fine with that -- the whole thing is tiresome! But, it will be over soon...