Waiting period to re-marry - is there such thing?

chelle079

Registered Users (C)
I am a U.S. Citizen and was married for 6 years and just recently received the divorce decree after being separated for about a year. My concern is, my ex-husband just recently received his GC through filing for I-130 and adjustment of status two months ago.

January 2009 - filed for I-130 and adjustment of status to permanent residency
June 2009 - Interview - approved
July 2009 - Received his GC

Bottomline, we were already living separate lives on his scheduled interview.

Now that I am officially divorced, is there such thing as waiting period before you could petition a fiance? or spouse? what are the pros and cons.

please enlighten me before i take this big step..
thanks!

No waiting period for you, but be prepared for extra scrutiny.

such as...? what are the possible questions that would arise?

Also, what is the better gameplan on this? Is it better to wait for a year after the divorce?

I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much!

They would be interested to know more about your short lived marriage to your EX, whom you sponsored. They would like to know more about the quick divorced after his GC approval. They would like to know more about your new alien fiance'/spouse.

If you can prove both relationships were/are bonafide, you need not wait.

such as...? what are the possible questions that would arise?

Also, what is the better gameplan on this? Is it better to wait for a year after the divorce?

They would be interested to know more about your short lived marriage to your EX, whom you sponsored. They would like to know more about the quick divorced after his GC approval. They would like to know more about your new alien fiance'/spouse.

If you can prove both relationships were/are bonafide, you need not wait.

Thank you for your help!