waiting on Finger Print check

visaSeeker2

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

I did masters in US, transferred from F1 to H1, working on OPT and H1 almost 2 yrs.
I appeared for H1B visa in Bangaldesh. Visa officer told me interview was successful but it is required to get security clearance to issue visa. She told me it will take 2-6 weeks to get the clearance and rescheduled another date after two weeks to take finger prints. On second day, another lady took my finger prints on paper and told me it will take 4 weeks. I also had to pay $85.

Since then it has been 3 weeks but did not get any response.

If anyone have similar experience, please send your experience.
Your comment and advice will be appreicated.

Thanks in advance.

VisaSeeker2

My case is very simlar to yours:
1. MS in US
2. Working with the same company for almost 2 years (1 Yr OPT and then H1)

I went to Canada for stamping and was told "Administrative Processing" is needed and was given a time frame of 3 weeks. I was finger-printed the same day i was interviewed.

It has been 24 days since my interview and yesterday when I called Dept. of State () I was told the request for security clearance was sent on Dec 29th and the case was pending. The lady asked me my passport number and name to retrieve the status.

Try calling the number, I doded the voice menu by pressing 1, 0, 0, 0 (I think)
Good Luck and please post your developments here.
Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to post the phone number, here it is:

Dept. of State
Phone: 1-202-663-1225
Fax (202) 663-3899

msayeed,
Thanks for your posting. I did call this number and got to know that my case is still pending. What is your development.

Thanks,
VisaSeeker2

Still pending, as of Jan 25th. I gave these numbers to my manager in the US and when he called, he was told the process could take between 2-18 months!

Very frustrating.