waiting for USCIS waiver approval

Sammy29

Hi, i received DOS letter with favorable recommendation almost 2 months ago. im waiting for USCIS final approval, im a physician waiting to apply for h1-b. I havent received anything yet from USCIS since DOS letter arrived. What should i do, i called USCIS and they seemed helpless, they said write a letter for Texas Service Center which i did 10 days back. I have heard so much about a recepit number, does it work? and HOW DO I GET IT? Please im eager to start working again and need uscis approval. Thank you

Hi, i received DOS letter with favorable recommendation almost 2 months ago. im waiting for USCIS final approval, im a physician waiting to apply for h1-b. I havent received anything yet from USCIS since DOS letter arrived. What should i do, i called USCIS and they seemed helpless, they said write a letter for Texas Service Center which i did 10 days back. I have heard so much about a recepit number, does it work? and HOW DO I GET IT? Please im eager to start working again and need uscis approval. Thank you

You are in a conundrum here because you will need the I-797, Notice of Action from the USCIS for your H-1B to be approved. I know people who waited for 8 months before they received their approval, so two months is not that bad unless you are in a hurry for the H-1B. You can of course follow-up but ultimately, you still have to wait and see. Who told you to contact Texas or did you base it on your responsible office with regard to the state you're living in?

the officer at USCIS customer service told me to mail letter to Texas SC. This center was where they sent my favorable recommendation from DOS as i have a copy of their letter. Im currently in my home country outside USA awaiting the waiver approval, but I have a US mailing address registered. I'm in urgent need of the approval or at least have some news on the status as I need to start work ASAP

Sammy29, I got my Favorable Recommendation from DOS on July 21, 2009. After a week, I got my copy of the recommendation in the mail. Then nothing from USCIS for 2 months. I then called USCIS and told them I don't have a receipt number for my I 612. I gave my last name and date of birth and the customer rep gave my my case number. He said that processing time is usually 4 months. You can check the status of your case using the case number. I just got an email today that my waiver has been approved. I waited almost 3 months total. Btw, my case was filed in Vermont Service Center.

I suggest calling USCIS again and hopefully you can get your case number.