Waiting for RFE Letter

praj2006

Hi all,

I have found this forum really useful and informative. I have sent all my documents to National Benefit center, but still have received RFE/I on I-485, The status has been updated online, but not sure what is required to fulfill this RFE/I.
I have following questions:
1. How many days does it take to get the RFE Letter in Mail?
2. How many days does USCIS give to respond to RFE? and when does this start? is it from the date when RFE is updated online or when it arrives in Mail?
3. Is there any way to find out what is asked by USCIS till the letter comes home? :confused:

hi,
It took about 5 days after online RFE for me to received the letter, I send my RFE 2 days later and it took about 9 days to update.
After my RFE, today is the 6th week, I haven't receive any update at all.
I dont' think there is anyway to find out what is your RFE is about until you receive your letter. So just wait. They will be here. Make sure you have your name on your mail box so the letter can come to you.

Good luck, ^_^ Dont' worry too much. It will come, give it about 1 week

if you have a lawyer, check with him or her, I never received my RFE, but my lawyer did recieve a copy .

My RFE took 5 days from the issue date to actually get to me in the mail. The letter said I had 87 days from the RFE date (the date when it was issued, NOT the date you receive it) to respond. It took me 9 days to respond. Then it took them 6 days to update my case. Then they updated it 2 more times, and now they're not doing anything :)

So, I am waiting... :)

Still wauting..

Thanks for your replies friends!!

I have been waiting patiently.. It has been more than 17 days, I have not seen The RFE Letter in my mailbox. Looks like USCIS did not post it. :rolleyes:
My lawyer also hasn't received any copy. :confused:

I am planning to travel outside the U.S on December 13th for a month. Not sure what to do now. :confused:

Please advise.