• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Waiting for response from Kentucky CC

At your interview do not volunteer any unnecessary information. Don't say anything unless they specifically ask about it. If they ask about it come clean and be honest.

If you had made this mistake in your DV form that would be the end of the story for you. But fortunately you entered your DV forms correctly. A mistake in a prior visa application, if not intentional, may not come up at all or may be overlooked.

Excellent advice.

Thank you!!! But i just want to know about it ...in which situation they are check previous visa application?? If my documents are correct ..where u from ??

because on the ds230 form they ask if you have travelled to usa already .... so like simon says they might check you previous stay in there and if the oc eyes are sharp he might pick up the mistake you made, hopefuly not.
dont give extra infos if its not necessary like said above .

Asia2014, some questions 4 yu to be assisted
1:when did yu leave yua country for US?
2:did yu participate the lottery b4 yu left yua country or in the US?,

Asia2014, some questions 4 yu to be assisted
1:when did yu leave yua country for US?
2:did yu participate the lottery b4 yu left yua country or in the US?,

I left us in july for few months, i participated when i was in us.!!!!
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to worry abt coz I can see consistency in yua NIV ds 160 form as (single )then yu stated in ds 230 form as (married ) SIMON say say Smething.

I also agree wth yu SIMON the co might less concentrate on previous application than current coz I remember on this forum a guy was interviewed in Nairobi and previously was denied F1 visa as married, then he won dv 2014 as single when he was asked abt his wife he said his Wife resides in Canada and he does not term the marriage as formal that's wy he he stated single on ds 230 and that was all the visa was granted! .

Careful guys, I am just guessing here also - and have only been doing so since May. Others have way more experience than me - I just type a lot of replies....

I am sorry pal,i think my jokes was taken badly,it makes me to remember the games we used to play sometimes ago,i was just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally my interview is scheduled on March, i just wanted to inform you guys and thank you for the help you gave to me and spent your time reading my post, now i am preparing documents needed and other stuff but what i want to know is:
-If i have to send these documents before to the embassy by post or i have to present personally during the interview?
-Actually i am a student in my final year at University, but i cant graduate till in June or July and my interview is scheduled in March, i want to now if i have to show to the embassy my High School diploma or i should get "the student's status" from my university and that will be enough?

Finally my interview is scheduled on March, i just wanted to inform you guys and thank you for the help you gave to me and spent your time reading my post, now i am preparing documents needed and other stuff but what i want to know is:
-If i have to send these documents before to the embassy by post or i have to present personally during the interview?
-Actually i am a student in my final year at University, but i cant graduate till in June or July and my interview is scheduled in March, i want to now if i have to show to the embassy my High School diploma or i should get "the student's status" from my university and that will be enough?

Take all your diplomas to the interview my friend.
Good luck

I'm not sure where you are from - check your country details on the dvselectee site under "reciprocity by country". Most countries just require that you take the documents with you, but there are a couple that require them to be sent to the consulate beforehand.

Your high school diploma is all you need, and you must take it, but it may be worthwhile taking a copy of your student status with. Just in case the consular officer wants a bit more reassurance about your potential to support yourself in the US :)