waiting for Physical Card and Moving

dazzling

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I did my stamping on Jan 7th. I am waiting for my physical card to arrive. In the mean time I have been moved to another state as my current project has come to an end.

I came to know that the Physical Card is forwarded by the post office. but I wanted to confirm this from someone? Has someone been in this situation and if yes, is it true that the physical card is forwarded to the forwarding address with the post office.

Thanks a bunch!!

You better call CIS and inform change of address giving your EAC no and A#
and also file AR11. If postal department forward or not this is safest way.
Good luck
ARB123

arb123 said:
You better call CIS and inform change of address giving your EAC no and A#
and also file AR11. If postal department forward or not this is safest way.
Good luck
ARB123
Thanks for your advice. The problem with that approach is that I am in a corporate apartment for now and I will have to move again after a month. I guess I can do that as my GC should be with me in a months time frame.

dazzling said:
Thanks for your advice. The problem with that approach is that I am in a corporate apartment for now and I will have to move again after a month. I guess I can do that as my GC should be with me in a months time frame.

No you can change your address as many times as required.
For CIS purpose: USCIS requires reporting of any address change within 10 days of the change.
When some thing is pending with like green card process. They are checking
whether AR11 has been filed
Good luck again
RRB

Physical cards are not forwarded by USPS. At the sametime Address Change by filling AR11 and Calling USCIS is not going to work for Physical card either.

You will have to goto your Local INS office and change the address there.

Take appointment via Infopass website and change the address there.

Hope it works and This is what I was told during My passport stamping.

GivemeGeeCee said:
Physical cards are not forwarded by USPS. At the sametime Address Change by filling AR11 and Calling USCIS is not going to work for Physical card either.

Take appointment via Infopass website and change the address there.

Hope it works and This is what I was told during My passport stamping.
Thanks. Going to the local office is not an option for me. The local office (where I did stamping) is 100 miles away. However, I have my apartment till the end of the month and I can probably try to ask someone to pick my mail during that time. Or can I go to the local office around the new place that I have moved?

GivemeGeeCee said:
I have asked the same question at local office they said, you have to call service center and change the address. Are you sure we could take an appointment after stamping to change the address?

Dazzling,

I received I-485 denial notice today. USCIS is claiming that, I was out of status for the period of march 2000 to Oct 2000, and saying that I worked for Company B, and applied H1 transfer in octo 2000. I worked for Company B, but I was consultant to Company B for that period and I was working through Company X. we shown Company X I-797 for that peirod. USCIS is thinking that I had a company X notice and worked for Company b for that period and was counted that I was Out of status for that 8 months (240) days, which is > 180 days, so I am not elegible for i-485.