waiting for PERM since May

worriedsoul

My PERM has been applied since May but still haven't received any reply from DOL. My company has applied for other people and most of them have got their approvals. I ask my attorney if there is anyway we could find out why and where in the process it is getting delayed and I was told 'NO'. The only thing we could do is to wait, is that true ?
I think there must be a way at least to find out why it has been taking so long. I would appreicate your thoughts and ideas.

worriedsoul said:
My PERM has been applied since May but still haven't received any reply from DOL. My company has applied for other people and most of them have got their approvals. I ask my attorney if there is anyway we could find out why and where in the process it is getting delayed and I was told 'NO'. The only thing we could do is to wait, is that true ?
I think there must be a way at least to find out why it has been taking so long. I would appreicate your thoughts and ideas.

Hi worriedsoul,

I applied my PERM in Oct 2006 and recently my lawyer emailed to chicago

processing center and they emailed the standard format answer that it will be

processed in the order it has been received. So ask your lawyer or your HR

dept. to email for you.

Hope this will help.

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi worriedsoul,

dept. to email for you.

Hope this will help.

Frankly their claim of processing in FIFO is a big BS. Why some cases are approved in days and others are stuck for months, is a mystry at best.

What address did you email to? Who sent the email - attorney or your employer? Can we send a snail-mail in addition to writing an email? I feel that immigration officials are more responsive to snail-mails than emails. What say?

Is there any further news on your case after the 'standard response'?

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi worriedsoul,

dept. to email for you.

Hope this will help.

They are processing in FIFO. It does not mean that they would not move on to the (n+1)th case if the nth case has some special considerations. If the nth case needs some further analysis, the case will stay on, while the (n+1)th case may get approved.

Chicago Desi said:
Frankly their claim of processing in FIFO is a big BS. Why some cases are approved in days and others are stuck for months, is a mystry at best.

Thanks life w/o gc, I will ask the attorney to do. However, I also don't think it get processed in the same order it is received. Even in my company, they are other people whom they have applied months after mine and they got it approved.

In addition to sending an email, I would highly recommend sending them a snail-mail letter. It will not hurt you at all. It will make sure that more people are looking at your enquiry, although both enquiries may go to the final certifying officer for records.

worriedsoul said:
Thanks life w/o gc, I will ask the attorney to do. However, I also don't think it get processed in the same order it is received. Even in my company, they are other people whom they have applied months after mine and they got it approved.

Waiting since June

My lawyer filed for my PERM application in June and up to today no word on my case.
Sent letter in September and late December, no reply.

I guess this is a frustrating waiting game.

WellWisher007 said:
They are processing in FIFO. It does not mean that they would not move on to the (n+1)th case if the nth case has some special considerations. If the nth case needs some further analysis, the case will stay on, while the (n+1)th case may get approved.

That's understandable but a complete silence from them for months and months is frustrating for candidates.

I think when then move on to case(n+1) they just simply forget to move back to case(n).

Possible :rolleyes:

Chicago Desi said:
That's understandable but a complete silence from them for months and months is frustrating for candidates.

I think when then move on to case(n+1) they just simply forget to move back to case(n).

To the OP,

You did not specify if yours was a PERM conversion case or not. If your was a conversion case, it may take longer. My colleague and I filed for PERM in July 2006, his was just a regular one i.e. July '06 PD while mine was a conversion trying to retain my old PD (10/'03).

His got approved in two weeks. Mine took 6 + months! (approved yesterday). Apparently 6-8 months is 'standard' timeline for PERM conversion cases.

mine is not conversion. first labor in eb2 in chicago. What is the address to which enquiry needs to be sent to?

I think the cases get divided into different buckets (randomly). One bucket gets approved in days just by the computer. Other bucket gets approved by manual scrutiny. A third bucket requires audit; fourth one requires supervised recruitment and so on and so forth.

prezcalvin said:
To the OP,

You did not specify if yours was a PERM conversion case or not. If your was a conversion case, it may take longer. My colleague and I filed for PERM in July 2006, his was just a regular one i.e. July '06 PD while mine was a conversion trying to retain my old PD (10/'03).

His got approved in two weeks. Mine took 6 + months! (approved yesterday). Apparently 6-8 months is 'standard' timeline for PERM conversion cases.

tusharvk said:
mine is not conversion. first labor in eb2 in chicago. What is the address to which enquiry needs to be sent to?

I think the cases get divided into different buckets (randomly). One bucket gets approved in days just by the computer. Other bucket gets approved by manual scrutiny. A third bucket requires audit; fourth one requires supervised recruitment and so on and so forth.

Where did you hear this from?