waiting for passport request

beck

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Any one can tell me. iam waiting for passport request for canada PR. all documents i submitted jan 2005 . still i did nt get any reply from them.
any body experince p give some idea about this.
thank u

beck said:
Hi
Any one can tell me. iam waiting for passport request for canada PR. all documents i submitted jan 2005 . still i did nt get any reply from them.
any body experince p give some idea about this.
thank u
I had my medicals in Nov 2004, submitted all documents in Dec 2004 and also included a new child and completed his medicals in April 2005. I am also waiting for the passport request. I don't know why this delay.

Would like to hear from other people in the same situation.

hi

I had medical nov 2004 . still iam waiting for request.
i dont know why for delay

Hi Beck and Ktym,

After IA the background and security checks are started. It can take a couple of months to well over a year to complete these checks.

Background check - verification of your claims, education and experience credentials done by visa post processing your application with cooperation of visa posts in countries your credentials were earned.

Security check is conducted completely outside of Immigration by Canadian security and intelligence agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries where check is being conducted. It is looking deep into your life, background, activities, associations etc. to find out if you are or ever were involved or are or have been associated with someone who is or was involved in espionage, terrorism, radical movements, crimes against humanity, organized crime, etc.

Unfortunately authorities in some countries take months or longer than a year to reply to inquiries from Canadian authorities and in some countries check has to be done using old fashion spy methods. It all takes time and depending from your background, nationality, countries you lived in, people you associated with (knowingly or not), your activities etc. it may take anywhere from several months to well over a year to conclude.

same here

done medical in nov 04. Never heard back from them. I think the ones before us took faster than this. Must be something is going on?