Waiting for name check but need to travel

soxjc

I had my interview in Chicago last week and was told that they are waiting on a name check before giving approval.

I have been in the US for several years on a E2 visa but have been told that I cannot travel on this because it is now invalid due to my gc application.

I would like to return to the UK as my mother is having major heart surgery on March 21st. Her condition has only been diagnosed recently and I was expecting to have to travel so didn't file for advance parole. Is it too late to file now to travel on March 16th?

Any help appreciated.

you can take an infopass and go to the nearest District office and explain them the urgency of the situation.
You can carry all the documents justifying your urgency....some docs saying that ur mom's scheduled surgery....they shud be able to give u a an advance parole....u shud call the 1-800 # and schedule the infopass....

hope this helps...

What happens irrespective of emergency? I see cases where namecheck is stuck for over a year or more. I suppose the GC is still good and can travel as needed.

Are there folks that had trouble traveling during a name check? Does your GC residency requirements apply during this period?

If you travel without permission (i.e. AP) before your namecheck clears, USCIS will consider you to have abandoned your AOS application.

Your Green Card has not yet been approved, so you are not currently a legal permenant resident of the USA. You cannot travel until you either have AP or your Green Card in hand (or a temporary stamp in your passport).

I guess, I should have been more specific.

I am refering to the name check that is done as part of the naturalization process(N400). During this process, you'd have a valid GC.