Waiting for my oath letter

rrudraraju

Hi

I finished my citizenship interview on Nov 30th, 2006 in Virginia and am waiting for my oath letter since then.

Usually in Virginia they have oath on same day but since the issue date was printed wrong on my green card they said they need to send the paper work for some other department for correction and once done I will get my oath letter. They said I should expect the letter in month's time but haven't received the letter.

Is there a way I can check for the status?

Thanks for your time.

Raj

And, when you are talking to them, ask what that note at the bottom of your notice says about the 120 days. Tell them it is coming up and you are not sure what you should do about it.

If you are not satisfied with the answer you get, going the congressman/senator route is a good idea. It seems, from your post, that the problem here is 100% the result of a USCIS screwup. That tends to get sympathy.

I would suggest you write a letter asking for an update from your IO. You can find his/her name on the letter you got after the interview where it says "You were interviewd by officer Lastname ".

I did write a letter to the official who did my interview and am waiting for her respone. I am not sure if they look at those or not.

I will try calling the 1-800 number and talk to a representative as you suggested. Earlier I tried the automated and it said it can't find any information with my case#.

Thanks for your time.

I did write a letter to the official who did my interview and am waiting for her respone. I am not sure if they look at those or not.

I will try calling the 1-800 number and talk to a representative as you suggested. Earlier I tried the automated and it said it can't find any information with my case#.

Thanks for your time.

You might be in the same quagmire that my wife and I seem to be in.... it all looks rosy and then BANG!! Suddenly you get this sinking feeling that all might not be well:

http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

rrudraraju, mario123,

my friendly advice is to contact your US congress representative and
US senators asap. They usually have immigration expert in their offices.
You can write a letter to them (which will take some time) or visit/call their
office and ask for immigration expert. They can get for you the answer
from USCIS what is going on.

atanase

The conversation is in more detail on this thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=244188

Feel free to post there too

First I will call and see 1-800, if no oath letter, i'll take an infopass before contacting congressman or senator.