Waiting for my asylum interview in NYC since May 2016

anana

I've been waiting for my asylum interview in New York for 5 years 6 months. I was wondering if there is an approximate schedule somewhere? Or maybe anyone knows which years are being interviewed right now?
This whole thing is way too long :( Makes me very frustrated and sick every time I think about it.

File a FOIA and see what is going on. Since it's that long, either you have some valid status or your case is put on hold for some reason which will be listed in FOIA.

File a FOIA and see what is going on. Since it's that long, either you have some valid status or your case is put on hold for some reason which will be listed in FOIA.
It's not me specifically, or my application, that are on hold. There are hundreds of people in the same delay gap due to a 2018 law (newest applications proccesed first). I'm just trying to get a sense of what year applications are being processed right now in nyc.

Applied in Aug 2016 and waiting for interview in nyc to this day. I suspect this is due to my valid F-1 status, and I don't want to bother USCIS about my asylum case. I am very thankful that I can be here, where I feel safe, and where I can grow. To me, not being able to travel outside of the states is a mild inconvenience compared to all the dreadful things that could have happened to me where I came from.

Hey,
Since Nov 2016 here, NYC as well. Running own business, got mortgage for house and shortly my 3rd kid will show up on that planet.
Don't even want to touch USCIS for now. Anyway traveling within US is more than enough for us(and expensive, lol). No way to even see my origin country, too expensive for dozen fly tickets, no point to travel, nothing to do, bridges are destroyed, friends are in smartphone.

There are 2 more other ways how to get green card in case if DID NOT expire your legal status in between crossing the border and apply for asylum.(they are legal and listed on the forum), but again, I am completely ok with all keys that I have to run my family and live.

I've been waiting for my asylum interview in New York for 5 years 6 months. I was wondering if there is an approximate schedule somewhere? Or maybe anyone knows which years are being interviewed right now?
This whole thing is way too long :( Makes me very frustrated and sick every time I think about it.
Have you received any response for the interview? Waiting also since 2016

Man been waiting since July 2016, NJ. Idk xxx is happening since people started getting their citizenship that had applied after me…

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have interview? Any updates from your case?