Waiting for interview since March 2016

peaceseeker

I applied in the Chicago center in March 2016, My first lawyer just filed a skeleton application

I Changed lawyers and transferred case to San Francisco in aug 2017 , filed affidavit personal statement and supporting documents for i-589.
haven’t been interviewed yet ! Is this long wait normal ? Any suggestions to expedite the interview

No surprise ! its OK I applied on Jan 2015 and had interview on Sep 2017, Got recommended approval, Then waited till Jan 2019 and got final approval. Hopefully you will get some update by the end of this year, good luck!

Hi, I am from Malaysia. I applied my Asylum in May 2018 while my National Interest Waiver (NIW) I-140 petition that I submitted in April 2018 was pending. My I-140 petition was transferred from the Texas Service Center (TSC) to the Houston Asylum Office (HAO) to be merged under the same A number. We had contacted the Houston Asylum and according to the response, the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the asylum case has been adjudicated. I read somewhere that there is no provision to prevent one from filing different petitions with the USCIS. My employer is going to file a PERM Labor Cert and then I-140 upon approval. Anyone has the same issue/experience? What can I do to get my I-140 NIW to be transferred back to the TSC so the petition can be adjudicated because the asylum has been pending and I don't know when it will be adjudicated.Currently the I-140 is outside of the normal processing time. Thank you.

I waited 3 years and 7 months. It's totally normal.

Thanks for your reply, how long did it take to get the result after the interview ? I spoke to my lawyer about it he seems to think it's probably almost time for interview any day now ,he said it is taking around 3 years for older cases in San Fran area however lots of people are also being interviewed under (last in first out )

Thanks for your reply, how long did it take to get the result after the interview ? I spoke to my lawyer about it he seems to think it's probably almost time for interview any day now ,he said it is taking around 3 years for older cases in San Fran area however lots of people are also being interviewed under (last in first out )

It took me 19 days to get approved. I was surprised with how quick I got the result.