Waiting for interview letter, gets frastruated.

zlin

Registered Users (C)
Married to USC. I sent AOS package on April 1st, 05. Today local office on line process got updated. I'm in Columbus Ohio, they are currently process Feb 15/ 05 I-485 cases, it's unbelieveable fast because last month they were processing Nov 15/04. But my on line status still shows nothing, (just say FP recieved on May 31, blah, blah) no interview letter received. Very disapointed. I'm starting to worry what if USPS lost my mail, then worry what if I got FBI name check... does anyone sent application more than 3 monthes ago to Chicago box, did FP, hasn't recieved interview letter yet? :confused: Is it okay if I call the customer service to check my status? Thank you.

i dropped my I-130/I-485 to chicago lock box on april 20, 05 and i got my interview letter on june17, 05 for sep 15, 05

zlin said:
Married to USC. I sent AOS package on April 1st, 05. Today local office on line process got updated. I'm in Columbus Ohio, they are currently process Feb 15/ 05 I-485 cases, it's unbelieveable fast because last month they were processing Nov 15/04. But my on line status still shows nothing, (just say FP recieved on May 31, blah, blah) no interview letter received. Very disapointed. I'm starting to worry what if USPS lost my mail, then worry what if I got FBI name check... does anyone sent application more than 3 monthes ago to Chicago box, did FP, hasn't recieved interview letter yet? :confused: Is it okay if I call the customer service to check my status? Thank you.

It is totally depends on your local DO schedule. I sent my I-485 to Chicago lockbox in January, did my FP in February and still nothing. According to the on-line schedule they're still processing cases filed in December 2003 (in my local DO) :( .

In your case – your DO processes cases filled in February and this is like two months ahead of when you filed. Wait till next on-line update and then, if it reaches your RD and you still get nothing – then you should definitely call the customer service.

Hi..Can anyone tell me the process depends which DO office we are applying from..can we select our own or do we have to have the state we are living in?I mean my fiace(USC)lives in TX, and I live in PA.our lawyer in NY, so whic is best choice and quick process...please help

RANE2202 said:
Hi..Can anyone tell me the process depends which DO office we are applying from..can we select our own or do we have to have the state we are living in?I mean my fiace(USC)lives in TX, and I live in PA.our lawyer in NY, so whic is best choice and quick process...please help

Look at section 22 of I-130. Thats where you mention which DO you want your application to be processed and thats where you will have your interview. Best option for you is to choose a DO which is closer or easier to get to. I am not sure if you can live in one state and pick a DO from another state also i dont know if the DO cares if you are a resident of that state in order to process your application, but you may want to check with the gurus here.

Oops

ari4u said:
Look at section 22 of I-130. Thats where you mention which DO you want your application to be processed and thats where you will have your interview. Best option for you is to choose a DO which is closer or easier to get to. I am not sure if you can live in one state and pick a DO from another state also i dont know if the DO cares if you are a resident of that state in order to process your application, but you may want to check with the gurus here.

ari4u - I saw your message about section 22 of I-130 and immediately checked to see what I had entered on my form and it turns out that for some reason I entered Chicago even though I don't like anywhere close to there. I guess I must have thought that since the I was sending my application to the lockbox I should enter Chicago. Now I re-read the form and feel really dumb about this!

My question is how do they know where to send your I-485 if you enter your choice of DO on the I-130? I thought the I-130 was processed at the regional Service Center and not the DO? Or is it that when you file concurrently both are sent to the DO? I'm a little confused. Also, will they now send me to Chicago for an interview even if I don't live there?

I think they will go by the address that you have used for mailing purpose. So if you have used PA address then you will get your intreview in that area.
No one can choose their DO. Otherwise everybody would choose LA's which is faster.

Ok, now im a bit lost. The way i look at this, there are two possible theories.
Theory 1: I guess this is only for people who mail their application directly to the DO.

If you mail your I-130 application first, you can decide where you want to apply for AOS after your I-130 gets approved. As long as you are willing to travel to that DO for your interiview, i guess its okay. So for people who are out of the USA and applying for AOS, they can choose any consulate in their country as long as they are willing to travel.

It could also be possible that the I-130 petitioner and the AOS applicant live at different addresses in the USA, so you can pick out which DO the applicant would apply to.

Otherwise, I dont understand the purpose of that box on the form if what we enter would be ignored.

Theory 2. If you mail your I-130/I-485 packet to the chicago lockbox, i guess it doesnt really matter what DO you choose because you have already submitted your I-485 and it would be sent to the DO nearest to the zipcode in your I-485 mailing address.

Okay, those are only my theories and im not sure which one is correct. Can the others pls correct me if i am wrong?