Waiting for I485 approval after RFE

jay_kishore

Registered Users (C)
This is my first post in this forum. From my signature you will know that I am waiting for my I485 approval after RFE response. I would like to know who else is in the same boat like me. Based on my search here, looks like it takes like 2 - 3 weeks for approval after RFE acknowleded by TSC. But some people are still waiting for more than 4 months. Please provide your response.

My RFE is for EVL and Proof of status for a certain period. My wife's RFE is for proof of status. People who got approved after RFE, did your LUD change before approval?

Your approval will be very close. For my case, my laywer filed RFE on April 14, and my I-485 got approval on April 15.

jay_kishore said:
This is my first post in this forum. From my signature you will know that I am waiting for my I485 approval after RFE response. I would like to know who else is in the same boat like me. Based on my search here, looks like it takes like 2 - 3 weeks for approval after RFE acknowleded by TSC. But some people are still waiting for more than 4 months. Please provide your response.

My RFE is for EVL and Proof of status for a certain period. My wife's RFE is for proof of status. People who got approved after RFE, did your LUD change before approval?

I am glad to see that they are working on PD 2002 cases. :) My PD is Jun 2002. Waiting for I-485 approval.

What Did they asked for?.

gs01zll

What did they asked for (on your RFE)?.
What was the officer #?.

INS requested Employment letter and documents for proof of staty like copies of H1-b approvals notices, copies of passport pages with relevant travel stamps and Latest I94. Same for my wife (But no employment letter). I am the primary applicant.

Officer is #125

gc031502:

What they asked are: medical exam for my wife and employer letter for me. I donot know who is the officer handling my case(my laywer didnot give me a copy of RFE).

I-140 & I-485 4/1/2003
I-140 RFE(ability to pay) on Feb 25, Reply March 14, AD March 30 --- officer 303
I-485 RFE on March 30, reply April 13, AD April 15--- no officer info

I am on the same boat jay_kishore. RFE asked for proof of 'special registration' and FIN#. I haven't seen a RFE like this before, in this or in a couple of other forums that I roam in. Anyway, lawyer sent the response on last Friday (04/15/05, RFE issued on 04/01/05), waiting for a confirmation from USCIS. gs01zll case is very encouraging, he got approval within days of RFE receipt confirmation!!
Details in the signature

Let me be the first one to congratulate you jay_kishore, you've hit the jackpot!!
Your case is very encouraging to me, getting approved within a week of RFE receipt! :p

Congrats Kishore.

jay_kishore said:
Just received the magic emails. Me and my wife were approved at 6:30 pm today.

Mine is similar to your case. RFE for EVL was received on 3/9. LUD Changed on 3/11 and since then, no activity.

Question : a) Did lawyer senf RFE or you send it? c) Did you followup ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My RFE was sent by the Attorney. In fact my company took 3 weeks to send the EVL. I had to bug them every day. The attorney's office also changed the letter format sent by my employer. So it had to be sent again. I did not do any special followup.

My RFE is also for EVL and Proof of status for a certain period. My wife did not get RFE. Waiting for approval. don't know...how long it takes?
RFE responded : April 7, 2005
RFE Acknowledged : April 13, 2005
LUD Changed : 04/13

EVL Format

jay_kishore said:
My RFE was sent by the Attorney. In fact my company took 3 weeks to send the EVL. I had to bug them every day. The attorney's office also changed the letter format sent by my employer. So it had to be sent again. I did not do any special followup.

Kishore,

It also took 3 weeks for me before my company gave me the EVL. There were disagreements upon the format that Lawyer recommended and what my company gave. Lawyer didnt want my company to write that "I am working as Full time Employee and it anticipates that I will be continued to be hired upon receipt of Green Card. But it is an at will company and does not gurantee any one job for any specific period of time". Lawyers just wanted a simple letter saying that I work for my company which my co. lawyers objected and gave a true AC21. Hope that won't mess up the 485 process. Mine RD for 485 was 7/14/2003 (EB2).

Thanks.