Waiting for I 485

Sr22

Gurus and Lucky ones,
I am silent observer of this informative forum. Please help me with my question. As many of you, I am also waiting for my I 485 approval. My wife and children are planning to go to India. If we get our I 485 approved when my family is India, what would we do? What will be the implications? Do we see any problems on this kind of trip?
I appreciate your any help on this and eager to see some answers.

Thanks
Sr22

Risky

Dear Brother,
If you r out of the country & INS approves yr 485 then
1)your parole visa got cancelled
2)All your previous visas are got cancelled
Then when you try to enter to this country at the port of entry,
the officer will know that this case has approved and you dont have the stamp on the passport.so your entry may be denied.
Better consult your attorney(atleast 2 or 3) then go out of the country.Some of the attorneys dont know this thing.
Why to take risk?????
When is yr ND?
When r planing to go & come back?
Good Luck

What are your details??

I mean what is your RD and ND and oother stuff?

When do your family is expected to come back??

I believe there is a special procedure called 'deferred examination' in I-485 cases that are approved while being out of the country with a valid AP. You may want to find out more about this. It may not be a problem in normal times. However, there is ample evidence that INS staff are operating in a CYA mode these days and may conveniently forget some of the more archaic rules if it meant sticking their neck out on something they are not sure about.

Thanks and Surprise!!

Gurus and friends,
Thanks for taking pains to answer my query. You guys are so good. I observed members responding to queries as if it were their problems. I want to say so many things, but my feelings have been already expressed by our friends here.
We have not applied for AP. The good news is my case got approved today. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was casually looking at the online status (stopped calling NSC #) as I do every day umpteen number of times. Mine, my wife and my daughter's case got approved today. Checked with the NSC # and it also says case has been approved.
My RD is 9/25/2001
ND is 10/26/2001
RFE Feb 4th 2003
RFE replied on Apr 4th 2003 (My lawyer took her own time)
RFE Rcvd on Apr 9th 2003
Approved on May 19th 2003.

I want to thank again to all our community out here. Many times felt frustrated, but used to live as nothing bad as happened. I as said earlier our friends have expressed my feelings and frustration.
Friends hang on, definitely your day will come soon and you might not be prepared to take the shock and enjoy the moment.
I wish you all the Good luck and want to thank again for the wonderful support I got from this community.

Sr22
:)

going out of the country

I travel between Canada and the US daily. I have a document called an Advance Parole. It allows me to exit and enter the US multiple times. I hope this helps.

Border Guy:

Hope you do not mind..can I ask you if you are also a landed immigrant or citizen of Canada?

What documents are needed to enter on AP from Canada?

Thanks
Rajju

Sr22, congrats!

To Sr22's original query, I second both Ani's and Sankrityayan's replies. A lot of people mistakenly assume that their AP (approved based on a pending 485) is valid for re-entry after their 485 is approved, while theoretically it is not.

Documents

Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (form I-512L (Rev. 08/07/01)
I-94 Departure Record
Passport