Waiting for I-485 Adjustment of Status for a loooong time

vidya78

Me and my husband filed for I-140 and I-485 concurrently.It's been 2 yrs that he got GC and I am still waiting for it. On Sept 2, 2005, I answered/submitted documents for one of USCIS query (actually they needed my marriage certificate). And online status says, we received your documents on sept 2 2005 and we are reviewing it. My I-140 was aporved along with my husband long back.

I've been applying for my EAD and parole evry year and eagerly awaiting my GC. Pls advice me as to what my next step/action should be.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Vidya

485 application is independent.....some people get approved in a month....while others have been waiting since 2.5 years...

try to call uscis and find out if you are stuck in name check......if can simply wait or take proactive steps like filing a lawsuit against FBI or you can get in touch with senators/congress men of your area and ask them to send congressional query...

vidya78 said:
Me and my husband filed for I-140 and I-485 concurrently.It's been 2 yrs that he got GC and I am still waiting for it. On Sept 2, 2005, I answered/submitted documents for one of USCIS query (actually they needed my marriage certificate). And online status says, we received your documents on sept 2 2005 and we are reviewing it. My I-140 was aporved along with my husband long back.

I've been applying for my EAD and parole evry year and eagerly awaiting my GC. Pls advice me as to what my next step/action should be.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Vidya

Is you priority date is current? If yes first step is Talk to your Local Congressmen's office.

Who is the primary? You or your husband?

You said "My I-140". Sounds like you are the primary. It is odd that they approved your husband but not you ...

vidya78 said:

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Vidya

general question

Hi All,

I am new to this and forgive me if the question is too obvious...

EB3,RIR
Labor certificate approved
PD - May 1, 2002
I-140 Aproval September 27, 2005
I-485 receipt Aug-1-2005 Vermont service center (PD is current)

Did FP
2 X EAD, 2 X parole docs - very expensive !

Would someone please let me know what should i expect next and in what timeframe?

Thank you
RS

My husband is the primary ....sorry abt the confusion.

Thanks for all the responses. May be I'll contact locale senate and see how it goes. Thanks for all the help.

Hi:

you case is very similar to mine. Your PD is not current right now. The current PD for india for EB3 is april 2001. I 485 processing dates are 8/1/2005. Please note my RD is also 8/1/2005.

Anyway, I think you have to wait a while before your case gets processed as ur PD is not current.

Regards

ransha3 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this and forgive me if the question is too obvious...

EB3,RIR
Labor certificate approved
PD - May 1, 2002
I-140 Aproval September 27, 2005
I-485 receipt Aug-1-2005 Vermont service center (PD is current)

Did FP
2 X EAD, 2 X parole docs - very expensive !

Would someone please let me know what should i expect next and in what timeframe?

Thank you
RS

My wife had her interview for the I-485 in Seattle on March, 2006. They told us the FBI would be doing a background check. Should we have received at least a letter verifying that this is taking place. When we applied for a SS# they were amazed that we hadd an interview for change of status but have nothing in writing saying we did. Should we have a letter?